Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who is leaving

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Very bored at work with no rumours, transfers to discuss so I began to think about what gus said in interview last week about players who have been told they have limited future with us. Who do you think this includes?

I am going for:

Sparrow
hoskins
Ankergren
Bergkamp

Any thoughts?

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Don't think Sparrow will leave, at the moment I'd have him in a midfield 3 of Bridcutt, Spaz and Vicente. Now I assume Gus will try and bring in another CM to take Spaz's place but he will provide decent backup for injuries, suspensions and freshness and by now knows the Gus way.

On his day he's a good player, but he can be fairly inconsistent not to mention a little rash at times.

finlaych

Apr 16, 2011
Brighton, United Kingdom
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;5021631 said:
Don't think Sparrow will leave, at the moment I'd have him in a midfield 3 of Bridcutt, Spaz and Vicente. Now I assume Gus will try and bring in another CM to take Spaz's place but he will provide decent backup for injuries, suspensions and freshness and by now knows the Gus way.

On his day he's a good player, but he can be fairly inconsistent not to mention a little rash at times.

I think that Gus would play Dicker instead, we all know he's a big Dicker fan.....

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
He really does not like Bergkamp, I think he knows it was only because of the kid's uncle that he got a job here. Hoskins will go and Gus said that having 3 keepers is what you need, talked about a full squad, e.g 2 players for every position so I can't see that many going apart from Hoskins and Bergkamp

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Such a shame the Razak thing didn't work out. A midfield 3 of him, Vicente and Bridcutt would have been perfect. At the moment I'd hope it's Sparrow in that 3 ahead of Dicker. But do expect a new signing to come in ahead of those two.

Wouldn't be surprised if Hoskins left, not sure if he is even training with us at the mo. Didn't notice him in any pictures but that doesn't mean much

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
I can't see Ankergren/Brezovan going, unless a new keeper is brought in. Bergkamp would probably go if the offer was fair, seeing as Gus doesn't seem to rate him as highly as Agdestein and may also be behind Barker in the pecking order.

CM is the area where we have the most depth, but Harley is probably behind Sparrow. If Vincelot wasn't as versatile as he is, he could be a possibility too.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Ankergren or Brez will go.

Elphick may go on loan as he needs first team games.

That only leaves 22 first teamers which is an unrealistic minimum - so even if 3 more come in, I reckon only 1 further will leave, and Hoskins seems to be most likely.

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm going to get slated but

I would also LOAN Noone if a offer came in.

I wouldn't as Kaz is pretty injury prone and Buckley had a few hamstring twinges last season as well.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
We should be looking to move on:

Brez or Casper
Harley
Bergkamp
Dicker
Sparrow (although I still think he is useful in the squad)

Then with the right offer and right replacments I would also sell:

Noone
Barnes
Hoskins
Vincelot

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Of those that might be in or thereabouts I'd like to see Sparrow, Dicker and Harley all move on, but I reckon he'll keep Dicker and maybe one of the others depending on how succesful he is bringing in and what enquiries we get for any of them.

Maybe Hoskins, think there's been a bit of toy throwing somewhere

One of Brez or Casper

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I think that Gus would play Dicker instead, we all know he's a big Dicker fan.....

don't know why he does though??, Spaz is a much more consistent player, and scores goals occasionally. Dicker simply cannot run, loses possession to often and is the weak link in midlfield (unless compared to Harley)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I like Dicker but he was shit during the run in after coming back from injury. My hope is that he has a good pre-season and we get the one that looked so good in the championship winning season, even if it is a step up. If he's still poor at Christmas, I reckon Gus will try and loan him out.

Sparrow to stay please. Even if we do get another player in CM.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Same with Navarro last year, despite everyone wanting him to play Razak, who actually looked decent. Number 9 Ashley Barnes is almost inevitably starting though.

Everyone? No

He had one monster game and then got worse in leaps and bounds

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Very bored at work with no rumours, transfers to discuss so I began to think about what gus said in interview last week about players who have been told they have limited future with us. Who do you think this includes?

I am going for:

Sparrow
hoskins
Ankergren
Bergkamp

Any thoughts?
I would keep Hoskins and add Dicker instead. don't really know much about Bergkamp. I don't go to dev squad matches..is he crap?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here