Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Who is going to win the World Cup?

Who is going to win the World Cup

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
The Argies with Serbia (100/1) having a remarkable World Cup and possibly making the final. Their front line of Dusan Vlahovic, Alexsandar Mitrovic and Luka Jovic will be lethal. I think they're the most tattooed squad of players as well so that's a bonus. :giggle:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
England, but if somehow that doesn't happen, Argentina.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Every squad seems to have weaknesses.

Southgate will be tactically shown up against the worlds best, that’s the only certainty

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
The European teams will surely struggle in the heat. Laying England at 1.5 to win their group feels like finding money in the street.

Senegal to win at long odds and a later trade and keeping Argentina / Brazil on side.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Belgium have a fabulous starting 11 so do France. But obviously England will...

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Belgium have a fabulous starting 11 so do France. But obviously England will...
Where do you get you drugs? PM me 😂

the heat will be the dominant factor.

the betting syndicates will be in charge of roof opening and AC . . . Anything could happen . . . . In their interests obvs!

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Where do you get you drugs? PM me 😂

the heat will be the dominant factor.

the betting syndicates will be in charge of roof opening and AC . . . Anything could happen . . . . In their interests obvs!
Mentioned on the radio that during i think a warm up game in one of the stadiums, both benches asked for the AC to be turned off as it was to cold

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Where is the option for don't care as i will not be watching?
The option is not to open a thread titled “

Who is going to win the World Cup​

Then reply to it :shrug:

There is already a very popular thread about people who don’t want to watch the World Cup.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
The option is not to open a thread titled “

Who is going to win the World Cup​

Then reply to it :shrug:

There is already a very popular thread about people who don’t want to watch the World Cup.
So just to clarify the situation, it is ok for people to go on the thread about not watching the world cup and say they are going or watching (also in the past for many people to go on clearly labelled threads about women's football just to demean it and say they are not interested) BUT not for me to ask for a simple alternative opton on this poll. Is that right?

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
So just to clarify the situation, it is ok for people to go on the thread about not watching the world cup and say they are going or watching (also in the past for many people to go on clearly labelled threads about women's football just to demean it and say they are not interested) BUT not for me to ask for a simple alternative opton on this poll. Is that right?
It would be right if the thread in question wasn’t titled “Who’s not watching the World Cup?”. A question/poll on whether people would be watching or not.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
It would be right if the thread in question wasn’t titled “Who’s not watching the World Cup?”. A question/poll on whether people would be watching or not.
Surely the answer to the question "Who is not watching the world cup?" cannot be "me, i am watching it!"
Now if the question had been "who is or is not watching the world cup?" then fair enough.
Either way the women's football thread replies cannot be denied.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Think Netherlands will finally nail it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here