Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Who is going to watch Chelsea vs Arsenal today?

Who is watching Chelsea vs Arsenal

• Yes, gonna be interesting, don’t care about the result though

• No, no interest in either team

• Nope, I have better things to do

• Yes Come on Arsenal

• Yes, Come on Chelsea

• FFS why don’t you just move on!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
He did not need to be quite so blunt about how he thinks he’s outgrown us did he? I think he’s feeling the pressure big time.
Wasn't it just the other week the poor sap was saying how easy it was managing Chelsea because of the quality of players he had at his disposal?

*edit* Yes, yes it was :dunce:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221109-080020_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221109-080020_Chrome.jpg
    363.2 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
He is such a lying toad of a man.

After reading that article it is obvious that with all the massive issues going on at Chelsea, he would have been discussing this for weeks with the Chelsea chairman before making his decision to go there.

AND......it would have taken a couple of weeks at least to assemble the hi-jacking and agreement of all the people he took with him.

Truly....a snidey C**T, if ever there was one.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
AND......it would have taken a couple of weeks at least to assemble the hi-jacking and agreement of all the people he took with him.

do you have any examples of a manager leaving and then it taking a couple of weeks to hire the rest of his coaching team ?

You are aware that Potter had a £16M release clause and it was £1M for each member of coaching staff right ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
. Nice snide edit 😎

He’s been gone for over 2 months, we have a new manager and coaching team that is fitting in well and have had a couple of good wins. I think we can focus on our team now

Last edited:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
He did not need to be quite so blunt about how he thinks he’s outgrown us did he? I think he’s feeling the pressure big time.
“It's a fantastic football club, potentially [ouch!] one of the best in the world that can compete for any major trophy.

"We all know we are not at that point now and we haven't been for two or three years is the reality if you look at the league table and the points difference between the top two.”

Chelsea won the Champions League 529 days ago! :rolleyes:

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Can't keep Potter bashing as it feels a bit easy, but this kind of talk- basically that they shouldn't be doing better, isn't going to sit well with their supporters who are used to Terry etc and Romans money. He needs to changed tact a little or he'll be in real trouble if things don't pick up.
He also needs to remember they spent 98 million pounds on a striker they've shipped out and now own the most expensive fullback in the history of football.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Can't keep Potter bashing as it feels a bit easy, but this kind of talk- basically that they shouldn't be doing better, isn't going to sit well with their supporters who are used to Terry etc and Romans money. He needs to changed tact a little or he'll be in real trouble if things don't pick up.
He also needs to remember they spent 98 million pounds on a striker they've shipped out and now own the most expensive fullback in the history of football.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
He is such a lying toad of a man.

After reading that article it is obvious that with all the massive issues going on at Chelsea, he would have been discussing this for weeks with the Chelsea chairman before making his decision to go there.

There would be ways to finding that out, plenty of witnesses etc. If TB had any suspicion that this was the case, he could take Chelsea to court, the club would receive further compensation and Chelsea would be banned for x transfer windows. If you're theory is right, I expect this to happen.
“It's a fantastic football club, potentially [ouch!] one of the best in the world that can compete for any major trophy.

"We all know we are not at that point now and we haven't been for two or three years is the reality if you look at the league table and the points difference between the top two.”

Chelsea won the Champions League 529 days ago! :rolleyes:

Even Chelsea supporters are well aware that they don't have the strongest squad and they've made a lot of mistakes in the transfer market.
Their squad was ok from an internationally competitive viewpoint two years ago but several key players who was at their peak then are now struggling to deal with the intensity of the PL. But yeah, "two or three years" wasn't a good take - most of their shit dealings happened from summer 2021 onwards.

That Chelsea fans one day are saying the squad isn't good enough to then get angry with GP saying they're not currently among the best is to be expected. He can't and never could expect any support from their fans, so its not vital to keep them happy (they'll be happy eventually if Chelsea start winning everything - and unless they do, the fans won't be happy regardless of what he says or does).

Not quite sure how you mean that shipping out their £100m striker on loan would be some kind of argument that they should be doing better?

Anyway, I think everyone in here can expect a delightful night when it comes to Chelsea. Manchester City are going to rip them apart.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I am absolutely fine with the continuation of Potter bashing on here. It will make no difference to him whether it is us booing him or Chelsea fans booing him. He left for the money and even if he gets sacked, he will still get his money. He will be set up for life even if he can't even get a job managing Worthings U12s. He won't give a shiney shite.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
There would be ways to finding that out, plenty of witnesses etc. If TB had any suspicion that this was the case, he could take Chelsea to court, the club would receive further compensation and Chelsea would be banned for x transfer windows. If you're theory is right, I expect this to happen.

Even Chelsea supporters are well aware that they don't have the strongest squad and they've made a lot of mistakes in the transfer market.
Their squad was ok from an internationally competitive viewpoint two years ago but several key players who was at their peak then are now struggling to deal with the intensity of the PL. But yeah, "two or three years" wasn't a good take - most of their shit dealings happened from summer 2021 onwards.

That Chelsea fans one day are saying the squad isn't good enough to then get angry with GP saying they're not currently among the best is to be expected. He can't and never could expect any support from their fans, so its not vital to keep them happy (they'll be happy eventually if Chelsea start winning everything - and unless they do, the fans won't be happy regardless of what he says or does).

Not quite sure how you mean that shipping out their £100m striker on loan would be some kind of argument that they should be doing better?

Anyway, I think everyone in here can expect a delightful night when it comes to Chelsea. Manchester City are going to rip them apart.
I personally don't think they should be doing any better. Having no James and Chilwell is a massive loss for them, especially after the were out for most of last year. And losing Rudiger was massive IMHO. That comment was more aimed at any suggestion they've suddenly become paupers or hard done by. As a club, over the last few seasons, they've made a lot of questionable decisions. Not Potter's fault, obviously, but I'm not sure the majority of Chelsea supporters see the bigger picture and I do think they are important in this. If match going fans get on his back too much it's going to become very difficult.
I don't want him to fail per se, I'm grateful he was here so hope he has success.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Had half an eye on City v Chelsea for about the last 15 minutes.
Not seen Chelsea kick the ball yet.

The Classless Ones now signing 'Super Frank Lampard' & I don't think they're being ironic.

Last edited:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Pretty decent game, City obviously stronger but Chelsea creating some chances as well.

Lewis Hall, quite recently turned 18, looks like he'll be dirty dirty good player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here