Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who is going to see The Stranglers - The Dome 14/3 ?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
No Hanging Around!

Shame about 5 Minutes too (classic JJ)

Remember them opening with that on The Raven tour

which songs did they do?

How anyone who likes The Stranglers could not enjoy that gig is beyond me.

Rattus

Grip
Goodbye Toulouse
Peaches

Heroes

English Towns
Something Better Change
Bring on the Nubiles
No More Heroes

Black and White

Toiler on the Sea
Nice N Sleazy
Tank

The Raven

Duchess
Genetics
Golden Brown

There's Always the Sun
Midnight Summer Dream
Skin Deep
Who wants the World and a few others from later albums.

Last edited:

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
How anyone who likes The Stranglers could not enjoy that gig is beyond me.

Rattus

Grip
Goodbye Toulouse
Peaches

Heroes

English Towns
Something Better Change
Bring on the Nubiles
No More Heroes

Black and White

Toiler on the Sea
Nice N Sleazy
Tank

The Raven

Duchess
Genetics
Golden Brown

There's Always the Sun
Midnight Summer Dream
Skin Deep
Who wants the World and a few others from later albums.

Some real heavyweight songs in there

Great stuff!

Cheers US :thumbsup:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Saw them live at the Brixton academy many moons ago and they sounded bloody awful live and so i won't be going.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Great stuff!

Interesting to see the reaction from people who had not heard Bring on the Nubiles before.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Sure I would have loved to hear, The Raven, Down in the Sewer and Walk on By particularly but it was good to mix it up a bit and hear Bring on the Nubiles, English Towns, Midnight Summer Dream and Skin Deep live. I thought they were absolutely at the top of their game Thursday and the general concensus and reviews seem to echo that.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Great stuff!

They also did Straighten Out, b side of Something better chance and not on the heroes album. It was brilliant. The face 2000 keep coming back to The Dome to see them year after year says it all really.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
As I said they were brilliant. Argus review.

PUNCHY, playful and gloriously irreverent, The Stranglers were on top form on Thursday night. Never, ever boring, the foursome have been honing their stagecraft for more than 30 years – and it showed.

As the band rattled through a weighty back catalogue, a rapturous audience of late-40-somethings pogoed away like it was 1978 all over again.

Even without lead singer Hugh Cornwell, who left in 1990, the band still had all The Stranglers swagger their fans love so much.

Backed by a giant screen of futuristic visuals, they pounded out gutbusting rhythms peppered with ghostly ballads.

Legendary bassist JJ Burnel was at the heart of everything, driving the story forward with heavy hammer blows, while singer Baz Warne spat the lyrics out like poison pellets.

At times keyboardist Dave Greenfield, a Brighton boy himself, seemed on a different planet altogether, staring vacantly out into the audience while he tested the amps with searing sound effects.

Of course the chart favourites Peaches and Golden Brown were eagerly awaited, but the band were also able to flex their musical muscles with songs old and new.

These old stagers, determined not to grow old gracefully, were a class act all the way.

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
No Hanging Around!

Shame about 5 Minutes too (classic JJ)

Remember them opening with that on The Raven tour

which songs did they do?

This review from a gig in Liverpool pretty much covers it for Brighton as well -

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=stranglers%20reviews%202013&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CC8QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Flouderthanwar.com%2Fthe-stranglers-liverpool-o2-academy-march-2013-live-review%2F&ei=52FEUbeIKrCV0QWq-IGgDg&usg=AFQjCNEwAIzJZXLJDrJJ8RzI_ixm-3F-ww

Although they ended with "Tank" at Dome.

Can't agree with the guys comments about The Godfathers - decent warm up band at most.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
They also did Straighten Out, b side of Something better chance and not on the heroes album. It was brilliant. The face 2000 keep coming back to The Dome to see them year after year says it all really.

Straighten Out is superb,love the Pink EP version

Played NMH last night,the standard of that album is so high

was thinking what Stranglers songs I've never heard live

Tomorrow Was The Here After & Choosey Susie are certainly two

really pleased they did Who Wants The World,always thought that was a little underated

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here