Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] who is going down?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Has anyone on this thread mentioned that we are actually still in the mix?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Have no desire for any side to go down except West Ham, horrible club with no ethics...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Anyone could tip us as 1 of 3 sides to go down, and mention it.

Maybe it is a minority view ?

I am certainly not tipping us but neither am I willing to write it off. *too long an Albion fan*

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Villa down on a dodgy VAR decision would be up there

Or failing that

West Ham down on a dodgy VAR decision

or failing that

Bourmouth down on a ......

Eddie Howe doesnt actually bother me. Bournemouth are just a bit Reading for me and irrelevant.Nothing club really. Hard to take them seriously

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
It could still be us of course, but having done the fishy prediction thing a few times, it really is quite unlikely.
https://thefishy.co.uk/calculator0.php?Competition=1

Preference -
Bournemouth
Villa
Norwich

Likelihood
Norwich - too much to do now. 6 points + GD off the pace. too much to make up the rest.
Villa - Take away Grealish and McGinn and they have nothing. Even with them, they consistently let winning positions slip. Not good enough to stay up.
West Ham - Don't look at the races at the moment. Not sure they have the characters to survive.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
I don't think Bournemouth have what it takes to grind out unexpected 0-0 draws anywhere which I think West Ham can

Norwich, Villa and Bournemouth are the 3 I think

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think the bottom 3 look doomed. They haven't hit the ground running and it's hard to find your feet with a hard run of games, mounting pressure and without a crowd to spur you on.

If Villa lose up in Newcastle tonight they have Wolves, Liverpool and Man Utd on the spin. They have to get something tonight.

B'muff have a couple of matches before a horror run of Man Utd, Spurs, Leicester and Man City, so they need at least one win from their next two matches against Wolves and Newcastle.

Stumpy Tim

Norwich, Villa and Bournemouth are going - in my opinion. Villa & Bournemouth have a terrible run-in and frankly are not good football teams, especially Villa. Would love to see West Ham v Villa being a "winner takes all" game on the final day

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
To be perfectly honest as long as we don'r go down I don't care who does !
I think Norwich have a mountain to climb and I don't expect them to stay up which is a shame
Out of the rest any of Villa, Saints, Smug Eddie's crew or West Ham can join them and it wouldn't bother me a jot.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is anyone thinking about this along the lines of future proofing?
Or has 4 points sent us all giddy with dreams of The Europa League?

With Brom and Leeds coming up it wouldn't hurt to lose West Ham and Villa, leaving Bournemouth and Watford to fight another day.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Is anyone thinking about this along the lines of future proofing?
Or has 4 points sent us all giddy with dreams of The Europa League?

With Brom and Leeds coming up it wouldn't hurt to lose West Ham and Villa, leaving Bournemouth and Watford to fight another day.
We are 13 points off a Europa League place with 24 available, so sadly that won't be this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here