Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who is going down? Fulham? Newcastle? BHA? - New poll - post Southampton win

Who is going down with WBA & Sheffield Utd?

• Fulham

Votes: 71 26.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 177 64.8%
  • BHA

Votes: 21 7.7%
  • a n other

Votes: 4 1.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
I think it’s between Fulham and Newcastle, although Southampton could get drawn in if their form over the last 10 matches continues. I currently think it will be Newcastle.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I said before Sunday that these two games would define our season. We are half way there with a totally unexpected ( by me) result yesterday.

It has given us a very good chance now and we must put Newcastle away.

We have a very strange run in with games that we could win, like leeds at home, Everton at home but I can’t be at all confident at home games, so maybe we will have to rely on points away from home to get us to the 38 we need

Newcastle vs Fulham will be massive and let’s hope we don’t need something at arse and Newcastle and Fulham just need a point each!

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Too difficult to call. When Wilson, Almiron & ASM are back for Newcastle surely they’ll pick up points. My hope is by that point we’ve already made it to near 35 points and the finishing line is in our grasp

paulfuzz

Apr 17, 2019
Kings Lynn
You've predicated two different results for the Newcastle fulham game. Apart from that it's difficult to really disagree with your prediction for us, although I fancy us to continue nearer our point per game overall form.

I think our survival depends on us scraping points and Fulham's form slowing. Fulham's next 4 fixtures are huge for us as I can't see many points for us in the same block of fixtures. Newcastle will continue to look awful but spoon 2 wins and 3 draws or the equivalent points....hopefully not at our expense on Saturday.

So I did, I was never very good at checking my answers and I agree as long as we average a point per game we will be OK, 1 in hand at the moment.
Maybe looking at it from a desired result for each team Fulham will, as it stands, want a win whereas Newcastle might see a draw as enough.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Ask me again at 10pm on Saturday. If we can win that then we have one foot back in the EPL next season and Newcastle have a foot in the championship. Draw or lose and this season is going to the wire.

I’d don’t really see how in some people’s opinion that Southampton are now dragged back in, they’re 4 points clear of us and 7 from Fulham, their form is poor but they have the points, they would literally have to win none of their 9 remaining games which I doubt will happen.

Palace are an absolute anomaly though, how the hell they are on 37 points is unreal. Even their own fans have been saying how awful they’ve been this season.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Ask me again at 10pm on Saturday. If we can win that then we have one foot back in the EPL next season and Newcastle have a foot in the championship. Draw or lose and this season is going to the wire.

I’d don’t really see how in some people’s opinion that Southampton are now dragged back in, they’re 4 points clear of us and 7 from Fulham, their form is poor but they have the points, they would literally have to win none of their 9 remaining games which I doubt will happen.

Palace are an absolute anomaly though, how the hell they are on 37 points is unreal. Even their own fans have been saying how awful they’ve been this season.

Gravity always takes effect eventually.

It's taking longer than we would have hoped and longer than logic dictates.

But it will happen

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

4pts from our games, without ever looking like they posed a threat, tells you everything you need to know.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
You have to presume the players look at the table. In which case Fulham are in the bottom three. Had they done the unlikely and beaten Man City then it would be the other way around with us in the bottom three and psychologically we may have lost at Saints.
Now Fulham play Leeds, a match they must win. But they also know we play toon and so points will be dropped. Still, they have to win against Leeds.
Do you understand that. No, me neither.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Must get a result vs Newcastle. At least a point. 3 difficult games after so could be back in a mess.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Must get a result vs Newcastle. At least a point. 3 difficult games after so could be back in a mess.

I've been looking at the corresponding fixtures for Fulham & Newcastle when we play those three tough games, and theirs are not much better.

When we play Utd away, Newcastle have Spurs at home, Fulham are away at Villa

When we play Everton at home, Newcastle are away at Burnley, Fulham have Wolves at home

When we play Chelsea away, Newcastle have West Ham at home, Fulham are away at Arsenal

If we can beat Newcastle next week, hopefully not too much damage will be done if we don't get much from the next three.

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear
Newcastle for me. Just don't see where their goals are coming from.

They have 2 nice games to finish off but can see them needing to win both

The Newcastle run in is tough and without key strikers they will really struggle. They might just hang in there for draws and scrape a 1-0 from somewhere but difficult to see them getting many more points. The mood up here is very bleak and they are expecting to go down

eaglesdan

Sep 28, 2011
Can't see how the Geordies are going to escape with their run in

Even last 2, Sheff Utd will be down and playing with no pressure, and I fancy Fulham to beat them if needed at the end

Despite my affiliation, I'd prefer BHA to stay up, meaning a couple of proper derbies next year. No point having a rivalry if you dont play each other

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
After playing us, Newcastle have a run of:

Spurs H
Burnley A
West Ham H
Liverpool A
Arsenal H
Leicester A
Man City A

Think they could be down before they get to their last two of Sheff Utd & Fulham

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
For some time Newcastle have been my tip and with the injuries they have plus a bit of form for us and Fulham it is hard to see them suddenly pulling it together.

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
Fulham have been playing quite well when they looked as if they were certain to be relegated, now they have a chance of avoiding the drop the tension will set in and their form will deteriorate. Fulham for the drop.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
If we beat Newcastle, and Fulham beat Leeds, then I can't see the Geordies avoiding the drop (based on their remaining fixtures and what such a defeat would do to their heads)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here