[Food] Who is getting FAT?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
The opposite for me - this break from the pubs has done me a world of good. Lost just over 1 stone (16lbs) in 3 weeks. It does help that I have an exercise bike in the garage and I've just tried cooking meals more from scratch rather than having my usual couple of takeaways a week. Plus the biggest bonus is the money I've saved from nights out in the pub. As I don't drink at home (prefering the pub scene) my bank balance has improved too.

Same here .... Lost 1/2 stone and spent a lot less.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I was doing reasonably well, mainly because I was showing mild symptoms so thought it wise to stay off the booze for a couple of weeks. This was despite the fact that during my isolation a friend arranged a delivery of a shed load of assorted beers from my local offy for my birthday. Now my symptoms have gone, it's far too tempting to tuck into them in the evenings, sometimes out of sheer boredom more than anything else. Now I'm working from home I've also fallen in to the habit of popping to the kitchen every few minutes to find something to snack on - usually cheese. I'm probably putting on about a stone a week!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The opposite, steadily losing weight. With my son not at sixth form, I have a training partner, so we’re going for daily bike rides and doing some circuit training exercises at home.

The cupboards, fridge and freezer are full of unhealthy goodies for the kids, but in the main I try to resist but with a chocolate bar in the evening.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Opposite losing weight I’m eating more fresh veg and fruit, home cooked meals, cutting down on rubbish like biscuits and chocolate and takeaways. Also supporting local greengrocers and butchers for deliveries. More or less cut out bread, which I think is healthier.

Since I stopped smoking about 8 years ago, I have responded to my Doctor's advice and changed my diet drastically.
Stopped Crisps etc.
Cut down on beer.
Cut down on cheese
Cut down on bread.
Increased fruit and veg. (Changed lunch at work from sandwiches/rolls and crisps to salad and fruit)
Went from 96 kg to 83.

Last year I retired,so am exercising on a X trainer and exercise bike plus going for power walks.
From late last year stopped eating meat.
Since lockdown having Breakfast as usual but main meal at around 3-4pm and a couple of Ryvita and cheese at 7pm
Not allowed to leave the house so X trainer 5 KM /8KM alternate days.

Now 77kg!
Target is 72 which I weighed 25 years ago :)

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I've got good at baking treats

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Since I stopped smoking about 8 years ago, I have responded to my Doctor's advice and changed my diet drastically.
Stopped Crisps etc.
Cut down on beer.
Cut down on cheese
Cut down on bread.
Increased fruit and veg. (Changed lunch at work from sandwiches/rolls and crisps to salad and fruit)
Went from 96 kg to 83.

Last year I retired,so am exercising on a X trainer and exercise bike plus going for power walks.
Since lockdown having Breakfast as usual but main meal at around 3-4pm and a couple of Ryvita and cheese at 7pm

Now 77kg!

Great to see stories like yours.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Stopped Crisps etc.
Cut down on beer.
Cut down on cheese
Cut down on bread.
Went from 96 kg to 83.

Now 77kg!
Fair play

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Most my company has been furloughed on full pay except for me and a few others which is really annoying as i was planning a daily jogging routine. I have been trying to pop to my weights setup in the garage however i put my back out last week, going in there and starting weights from cold having not warmed up and being sat on the sofa working on a laptop for 4 hrs before...

I don't have scales but i feel like i have put on some weight. We always eat fresh and healthy, and i only drink when down the pub as im not really a home drinker but i am grazing more.

It doesn't help that my misses is occupying the little one every other afternoon by cooking cakes lol

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Week one was bad. Eating all the wrong stuff at the wrong time.
But week two wasn't as bad. Changed my habits slightly.
Week three I'm out of crisps, biscuits, cheese & chocolate.
Week four could see the beer supply vanish.
Unwilling to go shopping so I could lose a lot of weight. Then again, sat in the garden doing nothing, I might not.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Still working so keeping up the exercise, not having takeaways and not having My usual fortnightly slosh up at the Albion, actually lost half a stone...

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Stopped Crisps etc.
Cut down on beer.
Cut down on cheese
Cut down on bread.
Went from 96 kg to 83.

Now 77kg!

that's really good...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports