Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who is at fault?

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Stockdale should be screaming at the top of his voice " keepers ball " but didnt .
We have a bad bad communication problem in this team it seems especially between defence and keeper

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
The shout sounds like "close him down". It started a fraction before the cross was made.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Goldson's fault. He's Wolverhampton born and bred. Enough said.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Not that savvy when it comes to team selection / tactics hence my question.

I vaguely understand that, in the modern game, full backs are expected to overlap midfileders and put in 'telling' crosses which will be put away by 'strikers' .

If however one or even both full backs are that far forward that they are no longer able to defend a particular situation, whose responsibility does that become in his / their absense ?

If one or other full back is not that mobile (or unable to retreat quickly), should he have been in the opposing 'third' in the first place ?

If as appears on Friday where the centre back (in the example of the goal we conceded) was expected to cover the near post, was that appropriate OR, if the full backs were not confident/able to get back in time, should they have been in the final third in the first place ?

Seems hard that the centre back gets the blame ??????

Please enlighten me !

Last edited:

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Sporting Life says Dunk.
I like their match reports as they are unbiased.
They gave us a fair write up as well, although it ended in defeat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here