Who is advising Tony Bloom?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
The club started going down hill the day Paul Barber arrived. His treatment of AITC, Gullys Girls, Gus Poyet, etc was indicative of how he was always going to dictate his twisted corporate philosophy about how this football club should be run.

Some clackers, fright night, "one club, one ambition", 10,000 empty seats and almost three managers later... here we find ourselves.

I can just imagine Paul Barber in the boardroom with Tony Bloom - telling him how everything is hunky dory by feeding him commercial statistics and percentages, ignoring the real problems that will burden this clubs long-term future.

We need a CEO like Martin Perry - someone with not only exceptional ability but also someone who passionately understands the importance of "fans" rather than just "customers".
Best thing I've read on this forum for months

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
The club started going down hill the day Paul Barber arrived. His treatment of AITC, Gullys Girls, Gus Poyet, etc was indicative of how he was always going to dictate his twisted corporate philosophy about how this football club should be run.

Some clackers, fright night, "one club, one ambition", 10,000 empty seats and almost three managers later... here we find ourselves.

I can just imagine Paul Barber in the boardroom with Tony Bloom - telling him how everything is hunky dory by feeding him commercial statistics and percentages, ignoring the real problems that will burden this clubs long-term future.

We need a CEO like Martin Perry - someone with not only exceptional ability but also someone who passionately understands the importance of "fans" rather than just "customers".

Agree 100% with this.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No, but the question is completely irrelevant.
Why?

I'm saying it's human nature for someone to handing over so much cash to say 'it's my money, I made it without advisers what do I need them for now'.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's clearly this man.

Steve_Parish_CPFC.jpg

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake

Did it? Or have you conveniently forgotten two years of play-offs. Our position in the table has probably a bit more to do with our resident Finn.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore

I have come to the conclusion, maybe later than your good self and some others, that you are 100% right here.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

Nice man Martin but I'm not sure that even he would claim to understand the ordinary fans very well. On everything else I agree entirely. Under Paul Barber's watch our dear Albion is turning into a dysfunctional shambles. It is time for Tony Bloom to do something about it.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Nice man Martin but I'm not sure that even he would claim to understand the ordinary fans very well.

Why not? Compared to the current incumbent? Agree with the rest btw.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Shared a taxi once with Richard branson and asked the ultimate toady: "what is the secret?" TBF, he answered as if he hadn't been asked the same question 100,000 times, replying "I have the idea, and employ the best people to execute it."

Shades of TB, but it ain't so easy in sport; recruitment is even more of an art rather then science than in everyday life. I think he has got unlucky this time, the acid test will be whether and how quickly he can now rectify

'The idea' needs to be good, though & even Branson's had some bad ones

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I'm not convinced Tony listens to advice and I never have been. I think the only way he will listen to the fans is if the opinion is couched in financial loss, such as non attendance, non spending in the shop etc. I don't want to do this, but is Bloom actually listening to us? He hasn't had to acknowlege our opinions so far as his appointments have been successful. But this is different. Publicly he stands by Sammi, but this may be the first error of judgement, so hard to admit.

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill

I rarely agree with anything you post on here. But this is a really good exception!

For me, the realisation of what was changing was when I spoke to a lady in the shop at Falmer shortly after Barber arrived. I won't disclose who she was suffice to say she used to man the 'shop' at Withdean and bled blue and white. She provided a fantastic service to programme collectors like myself, no doubt Hiney and many others, and went out of her way to provide an absolutely brilliant service. When I spoke to her, she was scathing about the draconian requirements and working conditions of the new regime. She can't have been on sh1tloads salary wise but knew her stuff and had provided umpteen years of service for fellow fans. Shortly afterwards, I read in the AITC newsletter that she had left. To be replaced by younger, cheaper kids. And that's when a big bit of the club died.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports