Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who is actually in the North Stand? Do you even go?

Your whereabouts on match days...

• North Stand STH

Votes: 90 45.2%
  • West Stand STH

Votes: 62 31.2%
  • East Stand STH

Votes: 24 12.1%
  • South Stand STH

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Go to most games but not all

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Go to some games

Votes: 15 7.5%
  • Never go

Votes: 3 1.5%

• Total voters

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
in the old north stand at the goldstone i used to try and get about half way up just to the left of the goal.....happy days.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Season ticket holder in both the Goldstone and Amex north stands, south stand at Withdean :-(

Ow not thought about it in that sense. I'm the same as you - what direction was the behind the goal stand at the preistfield? And I wonder if anyone has been north stand at all 4 grounds?

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Amex north stand ST, Withdean north stand ST for one season - sat all over the place rest of the time, went to Gillingham once and sat in the main stand, Goldstone north stander most of the time, with occasional East Stand and chicken run appearances.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
I was always middle of the North stand, about ten standing ppl in from the chicken run on the left. I seem to remember that at one time the south stand seemed to bugger off to watch Pompey, real plastics of their day.
In the late 70's I seem to remember going in the East right next to the away fans to snarl and point the finger a little.
:facepalm:

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
Was WSL, moving to ESL family stand so that the kids will hopefully have other kids to talk to. Hoping it's not going to be quite as much of a dead zone noise-wise as people are suggesting.

mlg57

Oct 20, 2006
Milton Keynes
As a youngster I went in the North Stand. In fact Ive been in every stand of the Goldstone. Three out of the four at Withdean and South, East, West lower and upper at the Amex.

Brightonfan1

Jun 2, 2013
The question I was answering referred to Seagulls Chat members, most of the regular posters on that friendly little forum are STH in the North Stand

Friendly? I applied to join quite a while ago and my application has still not been authorised, viewing it as I have to (A guest) I would say it is a forum for 4 members only.

Ironically I found this forum through Seagulls Chat and applied and got accepted straight way, so thank you for that. I doubt I will ever be a prolific poster on any forum but it would be nice if applications are authorised efficiently. But I suspect you get so few applications no one bothers with it?

Friendly? I applied to join quite a while ago and my application has still not been authorised, viewing it as I have to (A guest) I would say it is a forum for 4 members only.

Ironically I found this forum through Seagulls Chat and applied and got accepted straight way, so thank you for that. I doubt I will ever be a prolific poster on any forum but it would be nice if applications are authorised efficiently. But I suspect you get so few applications no one bothers with it?

Give them a break mate, they had a busy day yesterday with a whole 2 posts to moderate.

Brightonfan1

Jun 2, 2013
Give them a break mate, they had a busy day yesterday with a whole 2 posts to moderate.

Maybe the site is all but closed up? I found it by searching in a search engine, I have just been on their site now and it said there was me (but I still can't post) and 6 guests in the past 15 minutes, there also seems to be little or no activity on their site anymore, maybe I am being unfair to them?

Still this forum does appear to be quite lively and has plenty of members, and I have been accepted on this one so all's good.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Maybe the site is all but closed up? I found it by searching in a search engine, I have just been on their site now and it said there was me (but I still can't post) and 6 guests in the past 15 minutes, there also seems to be little or no activity on their site anymore, maybe I am being unfair to them?

Still this forum does appear to be quite lively and has plenty of members, and I have been accepted on this one so all's good.

Sorry you have had problems over there, need to get that sorted, we are small in number but still friendly, not much to talk about during the past few weeks, lol

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
North Stand STH and go to ALL home games and pretty much all the aways too.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
in the old north stand at the goldstone i used to try and get about half way up just to the left of the goal.....happy days.

we might have, quite literally, bumped into one another then...

out of interest does anyone recall if North Stand Chat established before we left the Goldstone or after? I remember the build-up to Fans United on a forerunner of this site, but was it named NSC?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here