Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who is a certain pick when fit?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ryan, Dunk, Montoya & Stephens are already on the team-sheet for every remaining PL fixture.

Probably Webster next. If we were playing 442 I'm not sure both Webster and Burn will always play, and Webster's favourite for the other central position, but perhaps Burn could compete for that. The rest might rotate a little.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I believe the only dead certs to start if fit for the whole season are Ryan and Dunk. The rest can and probably will be rotated throughout the season dependent on form/formation/tactics.
Who would replace Montoya and Stephens?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He even put his arm round him when discussing tactics prior to subbing him on during the Spurs win, so he must be a favourite.
Didn't he also put his arm around Andone after he'd been sent off?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

In order of likelihood to replace Stephens ..... Alzate, Mooy, Bissouma, Gross, Baluta
In order of likelihood to replace Montoya .... March, Alzate, Webster, Schellotto, A Davies

Just my take on it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
In order of likelihood to replace Stephens ..... Alzate, Mooy, Bissouma, Gross, Baluta
In order of likelihood to replace Montoya .... March, Alzate, Webster, Schellotto, A Davies

Just my take on it.
Personally I don't think that's likely, but Potter likes to tinker, so I guess I can't rule it out.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Didn't he also put his arm around Andone after he'd been sent off?

He's not the, blank them and not speak to them until Tuesday, type is he Potter

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Personally I don't think that's likely, but Potter likes to tinker, so I guess I can't rule it out.

Stephens is one of our form players so I doubt he'd get rotated out in the short term. But I certainly wouldn't be surprised if Alzate is lining up alongside him instead of Propper. Montoya, he'll have to play very well to keep his place when all are fit.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He's not the, blank them and not speak to them until Tuesday, type is he Potter
Nope, he's more of a maffia mate who's going to put his arm around you while his henchman stabs you in the back.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
After all the loan outs the general feeling seemed to be the squad was light in midfield and up top. Potter said he was happy because he had Alzate and Connolly coming through. Got to admit I was a little sceptical and like many others was thoroughly and joyously wrong.
Oh and Ryan and Dunk are clearly the only names in the starting line up that can be considered a certainty. Stephens & Webster 95%.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
After all the loan outs the general feeling seemed to be the squad was light in midfield and up top. Potter said he was happy because he had Alzate and Connolly coming through. Got to admit I was a little sceptical and like many others was thoroughly and joyously wrong.
Oh and Ryan and Dunk are clearly the only names in the starting line up that can be considered a certainty. Stephens & Webster 95%.

Barney Ronay was raving about Alzate on the Football Weekly podcast. Said he made Eric Dier look like he was playing in a suit of armour.

Dunk&Disorderly

Mar 29, 2019
Brighton

Alzate or March, perhaps for Montoya? Wouldn't be too surprised to see things change when Bernardo/Izquierdo come back in to the fold.

Seeing as we have Mooy and Bissouma coming back to full fitness, there's a possibility Stephens might not start but less likely.

Ryan and Dunk to me are just the only ones in their position that are a more obvious step up in quality above the other options.

Last edited:

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Ryan, Dunk & Trossard

You can't drop Connelly after Saturday. Always play your in form striker.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Ryan,Dunk,Burn and Webster.Perm any 7 from the rest.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Ryan, Dunk & Trossard

You can't drop Connelly after Saturday. Always play your in form striker.

If Trossard is fit to start, there's a very good chance we'll see GP have to choose between Maupay and Connolly (again depending on lots of variables). I've a sneaky suspicion that Connolly has nudged ahead

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Trossard as nailed on as Ryan and Dunk, IMO (once fully match fit, obviously).

Trossard out behind Locadia for the first game of the season. (but yes, I think there were reasons for that and I would regard Leandro as a highly likely starter under normal circumstances)

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
Ryan, Dunk only. I also think Trossard could be a nailed on starter when fit but after that Spurs performance that would be unfair to any of those who all played so well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here