Who in for Whing and Elphick on Tuesday?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Why do people keep saying this? He can't come back until the end of the season because Forest payed a fee for his services for that time.

wishful thinking i suppose, but if Forest (and Lynch) agreed i'm sure he could come back

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
wishful thinking i suppose, but if Forest (and Lynch) agreed i'm sure he could come back

Fair enough. I would take Lynch back in an instant, but by all accounts he has been doing really well at Forest recently. I think we will be lucky to see him play for the Albion again.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Who are Rovers front two? if they're big, strong & slow forwards you'd put Hinsh & Hawkins in at CB, if they're smaller & pacy, you'd leave Virgo & El-Abd there with maybe a sweeper behind them.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
All this talk about Hawkins is a bit worrying, i know he hasn't played for a while but have people actually forgotten that he is a liability. Out of sight out of mind and all that

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
El-Abd is the obvious choice to play centre-half. Bristol Rovers are one of the highest scorers in the League so playing a 17 year old at RB who has only featured in two previous league games (not counting cup apperances) could shoot his confidence to bits.

I'm not sure about centre-half to be honest, as both Hawkins and Hinshelwood have had dodgy spells this season, but out of the two I'd put in Hinshelwood.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Sorry but I am going to stick up for Adam. He has been a lot better than most give him credit for this season. He's had to play in positions that aren't his- much like Virgo. Yet he still gives his all and on the whole does a decent job. He's more than capable of playing right back, and one poor performance today doesn't give the right for the moaners to come out and have a go at him. He's a model professional who works hard on his fitness and if three managers have had confidence to use him then surely that says something.

But then I suppose, there's always got to be someone to moan at. Least I see Owusu's not getting any flack anymore.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
At least Hawkins can play in the centre of defence without getting dragged all around the pitch. Sorry do not believe that Hinshlewood is anywhere near good enough now.

Agree with that. Hawkins at CB if Elphick is not fit. ElAbd or Cook at RB.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
The other thing is how long is Whing suspended for. 2 yellow cards is a one game ban, but because he has had a ban for 5 yellows already this season I think he might get a 2 game ban for yesterday's sending off.

The deadline for yellow-card bans has passed so I would expect that it would just be one game for the red (his first this season). Club site says against Bris R (who also had a defender sent off yesterday).

Last edited:

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
El Abd had a shocker yesterday. He's clearly lacking in confidence, probably not helped by playing out of position for most of the season. However, my main concern yesterday was the grief he got from our own fans prior to even taking the field. Is that going to help the lad?

I think it should be 5 at the back at least until we know what they are going to put up against us the last thing we want to do is conceed or have a mare like we did against Walsall . get a point at rovers and at huddersfield and win against stockport at home ..simples

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports