Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who has been Brightons best ever transfer signing?

Who has been our best ever signing?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Not as quite in the "best ever" category, but also worthy of mention are of course Muzza, who was pivotal in getting us out of League 1 under Gus and into the PL under Hughton and both times proved to be an absolute bargain.

I'd argue that Muzza's goals that got us into the PL have earned the club far more money than any transfer has over our time in the PL.

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
I couldn't back then believe how Bobby was surplus requirements at Bristol Rovers. They must have had a hell of a team!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Gross by a country mile for me, we have benefitted from his signing over the last five years more than any other

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I couldn't back then believe how Bobby was surplus requirements at Bristol Rovers. They must have had a hell of a team!
They had Jason Roberts, Jamie Cureton and Nathan Ellington off the top of my head

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Best player ? Best value vs transfer fee ? Best in terms of contribution to our progression while he was here ? Best overall ? :shrug:

Groß for me if multiple factors/overall.

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
I remember Jason (was pretty decent I seem to remember) and Jamie cureton. I'm sure I remember bobby was tearing it up on his loan to us and it was surprising no-one else came sniffing around.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Hoity toity….. I remember that. Who was it (please don’t say me ……..).
Indeed not. I know his name but I can't recall his NSC user name. I'll PM you....

Sep 29, 2017
Portslade
A good question.
I had to exclude Ward from my reckoning as I am too young to have seen him play (I know, bad fan :ROFLMAO:)
After some careful deliberation, I voted for Gross. A player so consistent and down low brilliant that he is a 1st choice pick under 3 different managers, using 3 very different approaches to playing football, yet fits into each as if he has played that system all his life.
That and he also has a trademark move.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
I "umm"ed and "ahh"ed a fair bit before plumping for Caicedo. The other option was Gross. Caicedo won out for me on the basis that for me him becoming a first 11 starter on a regular basis coincided with our surge into being a top 10 EPL team at the end of 21/22 and then being an absolutely key part of getting us into Europe for next season. When we sell (be it this window or a future window) the profit we're going to make will be huge.

Gross was an absolute bargain and has been (and will continue to be) an absolute gem for us. He's the essential workhorse to Caicedo's racehorse. But the value Caicedo has already brought, and will bring when sold, is staggering and I can't ignore it.

The Mole

Feb 20, 2004
Bowdon actually , Cheshire
Once again, I think this depends on your age. so for me it’s Ward - he helped propel us from div 3 to div 1 very quickly. As mentioned Lawrenson and Horton were good buys as well, but Ward was always the one who made the headlines.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here