Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who goes this summer?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Don't think we can try and out-guess Gus and Tony. One thing I would say, is that I hope we keep El Abd. Not so long ago, when we were struggling in this division, people were calling him a donkey and wanting, if not his head on a plate, for hime to be shipped off to Eastbourne Borough, Lewes, or any other non-league outfit. Since then, he's risen to the challenge of playing in this league, and of playing a major role in one of the best teams in this league - and I'd love to see if he could also step up to the mark if we make it to the Premiership. I think he just might...........

........I'd like to see him stop hugging the opposition forwards in the penalty area so much, though!

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
No doubt Gus will be drawing up his shopping list for the next transfer window but who shall make way? Note: my list is of the people who I think WILL go not neccessarily the player who I want to go (though a fair few are on there). The list is as follows:

Brezovan
Hoskins
Ankergren
Dicker
Agdestein

I haven't included Barnes because despite his poor disciplinary record, Gus seems to love him and is always prepared to give him a second chance. Agdestein is there because even though he is at the age where he could be playing, he doesn't even make the bench anymore. Ankergren....I think we all know why!
Post your thoughts below

I have seen a few posts about Barnes getting a second chance. He got a straight red for a petulant tackle at Sheff Weds, he had a 2nd chance and ****ed it up straight away by attempting to trip the ref. Let us throw into the mix that he has also been sent off before, gets regular yellows, dives and moans all the time and is a nasty piece of work. He has had his second chance.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
If we are in this division I would keep Gary Dicker. An intelligent and underrated player who is well worth a place in the squad.

Would also keep Hoskins. I don't think he can expect as high a wage going into a potential new deal at any club given his injury record. I'd give him six months to a year on a reduced wage - with the promise to increase after a certain number of games.

Perhaps controversial but I would allow Greer to go. Bound to be a relatively high earner and I think, even in this division, we need a more dominant centre half. Dunk has the potential; El Abd has been the better of Greer and El Abd this season; and I expect Upson or someone similar to arrive. I would look to reinvest Greer's wage in a more dominant centre half to go with Dunk, Eld Abd and hopefully Upson.

Barnes has to go. Can't afford to miss a quarter of the season through petulance.

Both reserve goalkeepers, Marcos Painter, and Ryan Harley should also be moved on.

But, IF we go up, it becomes a completely different story.

Agree with pretty much all of that, ESP regarding Hoskins. STILL think he has something to offer off the bench for half an hour.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Vicente .... back to the sun
Painter ...... Released
Harley .......Released
Brezovan ... Released
Ankergen .. released
Harley ...... Released

Bridge ... Will go for best deal
Hammond ... Back to soton
Upson .... Back to WHU

If we don't go up

Bridders .... some-one in the premier
Kooshack ... Back to the premier

Why would Upson go back to WHU when he's with us on loan from Stoke?

And Pulis has said he has no future there.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Off....Gus,Tanno...Bridge to the US....Harley,Ankergren,Brev,
Possibly sold...depending on new manager...Bridcutt...Kaz
Keep Upson....who knows,if we could all predict the future we would all be multi-millionaires by now.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I have seen a few posts about Barnes getting a second chance. He got a straight red for a petulant tackle at Sheff Weds, he had a 2nd chance and ****ed it up straight away by attempting to trip the ref. Let us throw into the mix that he has also been sent off before, gets regular yellows, dives and moans all the time and is a nasty piece of work. He has had his second chance.
Let's also remember he has triggered his contract extension.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield

I agree with you, Barnes has had more than his fair share of second chances yet Gus seems to have a weakness for him and continues to let him play

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Careful, we will have nothing to talk about in May if you start this so early !

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
No doubt Gus will be drawing up his shopping list for the next transfer window but who shall make way? Note: my list is of the people who I think WILL go not neccessarily the player who I want to go (though a fair few are on there). The list is as follows:

Brezovan
Hoskins
Ankergren
Dicker
Agdestein

I haven't included Barnes because despite his poor disciplinary record, Gus seems to love him and is always prepared to give him a second chance. Agdestein is there because even though he is at the age where he could be playing, he doesn't even make the bench anymore. Ankergren....I think we all know why!
Post your thoughts below

Painter
Hoskins
Barnes
Dicker
Brez
Greer
Harley
Dobbie

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007