Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who gives a sh1t? The Seagulls were promoted.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Who gives a toss about England? The Albion were promoted and that's what really matters.

In any case the best team won tonight. Except for Gary Neville, Campbell and Cole England were crap. No midfield. What happened to Gerrard and Lampard? Owen did nothing except the goal. And I thought Vassell was good??

I had thought before the game that we would win fairly comfortably, but I had no idea that we would play so poorly.

We need:
New manager.
New captain.
A ban on Premiership teams having more than four foreigners so that we can develop some English talent.
Phil Neville to be banned from ever playing for England again.

Sitting Room Only

Jul 5, 2003
Somewhere off the M1
Dont agree with the who gives a shit but I suppose at least we are not Bristol City fans!!

I thought Vassell was excellent!!

I don't rate Hargreaves and don't understand why anyone does..... I dont watch the bundesleague....do YOU!!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I thought Hargreaves was one of the few players who gave us an outlet.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
My man of the match was Ashley Cole!

I am gutted and angry we were knocked out. But my main thoughts when I woke up this morning were on the fixture list coming out not the Portugal game. I give a shit that we got knocked out. But the Albion going up has been a great source of happiness.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Would I swap our day out in cardiff for a win tonight?

No.

But it was still a massive injustice.

Brighton (and English) til I die.

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
I give a shit, slightly... and I am very English and very proud.

But... international football does not even slightly touch the twangs of my passion as a follower of my local football club that I would die for. Long may the old Division Two (or now "the championship") rule with its attitude and realism.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
goldstone said:
Who gives a toss about England? The Albion were promoted and that's what really matters.

In any case the best team won tonight. Except for Gary Neville, Campbell and Cole England were crap. No midfield. What happened to Gerrard and Lampard? Owen did nothing except the goal. And I thought Vassell was good??

I had thought before the game that we would win fairly comfortably, but I had no idea that we would play so poorly.

We need:
New manager.
New captain.
A ban on Premiership teams having more than four foreigners so that we can develop some English talent.
A shining beacon in a sea of shit.
You have my complete and utter respect.
You have written so much sense there it hurts. The only thing I might slightly disagree with was the fact that Owen and Vassell did the best they could with the SHIT they were served up with from our JOKE of a midfield. Other than that, I agree wholeheartedly, and doff my cap.

Some people will still say we were "unlucky" though.

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
While I was watching the penalties the thought of albion going up or England winning this game kept cropping up and everytime i thought it about albion to go up won everytime. Don't get me wrong I love England, but it doesn't come close to my love of the Albion, the players at the Albion are my heroes, where true team spirit and hard graft really shows.

I'm really disspointed but at the end of it there will always be more Euro's and World Cups and one day we might just do it.

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Re: Re: Who gives a sh1t? The Seagulls were promoted.

Easy 10 said:
A shining beacon in a sea of shit.
You have my complete and utter respect.
You have written so much sense there it hurts. The only thing I might slightly disagree with was the fact that Owen and Vassell did the best they could with the SHIT they were served up with from our JOKE of a midfield. Other than that, I agree wholeheartedly, and doff my cap.

Some people will still say we were "unlucky" though.

Easy I'm with you mate. Owen ran his socks off tonight and Vassell got feck all service. We as a nation are f*cking appalling and we continue to have "moments" such as the Croatia and Switzerland games (Croatia and Switzerland FFS!) that make us think we're good when we're not. We were under the cosh against Portugal for nearly 110 minutes are were so lacklustre in creativity that it hurts to be an England fan. Thats why I take comfort in my pride in local football and the fact that these events (whereby we all think that we're some sort of "force" as a nation) only come around every 2 years.

Get rid of:

(a) Sky - injecting money into the Premiership to bring in foreign players when UK players are not developed and end up rotting in the lower leagues

(b) The Premiership as a whole with its "parachute payments" and similar bollocks.

(c) football franchising and mass economy. Why does football have to be such big business?! Why doesn't everyone who gets so aggressive on the streets realise that their Man Utd or Chelsea is very much part of the reason that they are so angry. F*cking narrow-minded c*nts. :censored:

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
wouldnt swap my day at the millenium for winning the euro's

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
kinkygerbil said:
why is it a case of exchanging one thing for another?
why cant we have success at club and country for once?

Because, surely in the year that England finally win something, only 12 clubs throughout the league will have also won something... leaving the other 80 odd without club success :wave:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
goldstone said:

Agreed totally, and an English Manager

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here