Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who else laughed at the Steve Evans chants?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Come on, its just a wind up! Who can resist to see an infuriated Steve Evans with his colossal belly hanging out? I certainly can't....

Exactly! Funny as **** when he's clearly a ****. He was audible from WSU at one point with his tirade of abuse at the ref and the crowd reacted like all good crowds should - giving him pelters for a few mins!

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
If you ever want to lose weight, just put a picture of steve evans on your fridge, just the sight of it is enough to get rid of your appetite!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Why oh why is he so big? Not a good example to set to his players. He'll have a heart attack at this rate poor bugger.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Why oh why is he so big? Not a good example to set to his players. He'll have a heart attack at this rate poor bugger.

Exactly what I said at the game (but without the poor bugger). The bloke is a walking cardiac arrest waiting to happen. God only knows what his blood pressure and cholesterol must be like.

PortuGull

Gooooooooooooooooooooolll
Jul 10, 2011
Brighton Marina
Sitting half-way up WSL behind Rotherham dugout, during a quiet stage of the game, bloke to my right shouts out:

"Sit Down Evans - I can't see!"
Got plenty of appreciative laughter from the many who heard...:clap:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Im a fat barstard...........,I didn’t laugh at all.

not because it wasn’t funny,its just physically very hard to actually laugh whilst smashing a pie and a hot dog into ones gob at the same time

Zickro

Aug 9, 2015
Sit right next to the away dug out with a jobs worth steward crouching with a pen and paper but gave it our best!

Zickro

Aug 9, 2015
Sitting half-way up WSL behind Rotherham dugout, during a quiet stage of the game, bloke to my right shouts out:

"Sit Down Evans - I can't see!"
Got plenty of appreciative laughter from the many who heard...:clap:

Edit: In the lower that was us right next to the dug out and he heard!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Exactly what I said at the game (but without the poor bugger). The bloke is a walking cardiac arrest waiting to happen. God only knows what his blood pressure and cholesterol must be like.

Difficult to see how anyone so connected with a professional sport, with access to all the right facilities, nutrition advisers etc and who would be the first to pillory players for putting on a pound or two can be such a lump

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Evans is nothing more than a fat, tactically inept bully
God knows how he and his agricultural brand of "football" have lasted so long. Him and Paul Raynor were the management team from hell at Crawley and they've just gone on to do the same at Rotherham
Was always in the ref's face at Crawley and he's not changed one bit

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
So what were he and CH arguing about? On the commentary they said that the usually mild mannered Mr Hughton was getting a bit cross with the lardy one.

God knows, nothing much - maybe about similar tackles from each side getting treated differently by the ref?

In any case, in the best traditions of West Street, you felt so much like saying "leave it, he ain't worth it". It's almost hard to think that a stylish, trim, classy, composed true gent like Hughton could belong to the same species as that disgusting freakshow.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Difficult to see how anyone so connected with a professional sport, with access to all the right facilities, nutrition advisers etc and who would be the first to pillory players for putting on a pound or two can be such a lump

The same could be said of Steve Bruce.

I heard : "he's got a bung in his pocket"

McCall, the assistant, is just as bad

All game ranting at the fourth official

Then why does he not get sanctioned. You can call a ref pretty much anything but a cheat is one thing they will get riled about.

In any case, in the best traditions of West Street, you felt so much like saying "leave it, he ain't worth it". It's almost hard to think that a stylish, trim, classy, composed true gent like Hughton could belong to the same species as that disgusting freakshow.

Quite.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here