Who Do You Want To Win Tonight?

Who Do You Want To Win Tonight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Barca worthy winners. Best team in Europe and Juve made them earn the win tonight. An excellent game. Top class football, thoroughly enjoyed that.

Absolutely spot on. This is the first CL final I've watched in years and it was great. Some of the talent on display was incredible at times.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Absolutely spot on. This is the first CL final I've watched in years and it was great. Some of the talent on display was incredible at times.

And what is really scary is I felt like none of Messi, Neymar or Suarez were really "on their game" last night.

Apart from one brilliant dribble and shot, Messi was as poor as I've seen him all season. Think Suarez was carrying an injury too. His electrifying pace wasn't really in evidence yesterday.

The Barca threat came more from the midfield - Rakotic, Busquets, Jordi Alba and the quite sublime Iniesta.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And what is really scary is I felt like none of Messi, Neymar or Suarez were really "on their game" last night.

Apart from one brilliant dribble and shot, Messi was as poor as I've seen him all season. Think Suarez was carrying an injury too. His electrifying pace wasn't really in evidence yesterday.

The Barca threat came more from the midfield - Rakotic, Busquets, Jordi Alba and the quite sublime Iniesta.

Scary indeed. I wonder how many teams are put off by the names Messi, Suarez and Neymar alone? It's a bit like the This Is Anfield sign beating teams before they'd even entered to pitch. But as you point out they're a lot more than just these three; some of the midfield play was, at times, astonishing. Something which stuck in my mind was the close control, fast paced ball which looked overhit but then stuck like glue to the team mate's foot. I recall Vicente trapped fast balls with incredible ease and seemingly with glue on his boot. It happened often so it's clearly the Barca way and it makes perfect sense as there's less chance of an opponent intercepting ball.

I haven't watched much CL football over the years but last night was an absolute joy, with a lovely few pints of pale ale. Will take more interest next year I think.

As an aside I saw hundreds of very jubilant Catalans all over the city last night...think they'll be some sore heads today!

Jbanged

Jan 16, 2013
Barcelona

Juve for me

:lolol:

It's the fans that piss me off mostly. The expectation of winning and scoring goals from every attack. They also expect any foreigner to support them. When you say you don't, they look at you like you're an alien.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here