Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who do you want to become our new manager?

Who will become our next manager?

• Graham Potter

Votes: 102 15.5%
  • Kieran McKenna

Votes: 161 24.5%
  • Rob Edwards

Votes: 38 5.8%
  • Vincent Kompany

Votes: 42 6.4%
  • Steve Cooper

Votes: 15 2.3%
  • Kjetil Knutsen

Votes: 53 8.1%
  • Liam Rosenior

Votes: 25 3.8%
  • Adam Lallana

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Gareth Southgate

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Sami Hyypia

Votes: 14 2.1%
  • Mark McGhee

Votes: 16 2.4%
  • Micky Adams

Votes: 16 2.4%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 166 25.3%

• Total voters

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
That beeing said. I don't get why so many of you are so angry at Potter.
Imagine your partner moving in with you, messing around with your house and all the stuff in it. Then just as everything is beginning to workout and it's all looking great for the future, and you make investments like new carpets and so on - they see someone else with more money and leave you, taking with them most of what you have built up and spent your money on - leaving you still with a house but no windows or doors and with the potential to be completely ruined.

Would you be angry?

And how would you feel if a few years later they just strolled back in again.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Imagine your partner moving in with you, messing around with your house and all the stuff in it. Then just as everything is beginning to workout and it's all looking great for the future, and you make investments like new carpets and so on - they see someone else with more money and leave you, taking with them most of what you have built up and spent your money on - leaving you still with a house but no windows or doors and with the potential to be completely ruined.

Would you be angry?

If I got paid several million pounds into the bargain, and got to keep everything of any value (the coaching staff are worth a pittance compared to the players), I might see the bright side.
Particularly if I didn't think they were bringing all that much to the party in the first place.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Potter is the best jobless manager with Premier League experience, like it or not Potter haters.

Potter didn't have PL experience until we appointed him.

RDZ didn't have PL experience until we appointed him.

Pep didn't have PL experience until Citeh appointed him.

Klipperty didn't have PL experience until Liverpool appointed him.

Ange P didn't have PL experience until spuds appointed him.

Etc etc etc....

"Got to have PL experience" is like saying that you can only go to Bognor on holiday because it's in Sussex and we can't go on holiday anywhere outside of Sussex.

FCB

Sep 1, 2023

You can also add Sevilla to the list. Garcia Pimienta is considered favorite but some other names in the mix as well including Jose Bordalas (Getafe). Not sure how they can consider Pimienta and Bordalas at the same time as their styles are totally different but what do I know?

Flick to Barca is all but confirmed, will be official on Monday.

And former Osasuna manager Jagoba Arrasate will take over the Mallorca job.

Just a quick update from La Liga perspective that I follow the most. :)

I've also read Napoli is doing everything they can to convince Gasperini. He's still under contract with Atalanta until next year and they want to renew him. Personally I hope he'll stay but he might want a new challenge and if he would leave then I assume Atalanta would be quite attractive destination for a lot of managers.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
My only worry is how quickly would he leave us again when things are going well and a top job comes up. It's like if your Mrs was super hot but she cheated on you, could you ever take her back and trust her again?

Otherwise I'm not entirely against it. Seems like a safe and sensible option.
I’m not advocating Potter’s return but that’s arguably less likely now than with most other candidates we’d employ.

He’s banked the big bucks, so that’s less of a factor. He also knows the reality of trying to build anything at one of the ‘greed is good’ gang, where instant success is demanded. Maybe it’s no longer so attractive.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Can't wait to see Solly at left back again.
I reckon you’d have seen him at left-back if he was fit tris season.

The one gripe people shouldn’t have about Potter is using players in different positions. He made them all so comfortable on the ball that we saw the shoots of the fantastically fluid football that followed. I can’t think of any manager who was better at changing things in-game. Our ability to seamlessly switch between different formations during the match was what made him stand out. Chelsea’s players were never going to accept being asked to take unfamiliar roles but it would have been to the team’s benefit if they’d stuck with it long term.

Potter had his faults - a slightly uninspiring public demeanour high on the list - but he’s definitely a good coach..

Last edited:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
So it's more important to boo the manager than support the team? Weird approach, that.

In all honesty, and I've said this before, I'm very much in the "never go back" camp. Firmly so. That said, if Potter comes back he will 100% have my backing because I want Brighton to do well and creating a hostile environment against the manager is absolute insanity (in my opinion, of course).

I don't want him back, I don't think it's the right move and I don't think the club are seriously considering it either but if it happens, it happens.
Seems like some of our support would plan to make him feel at home by behaving just like Chelsea fans.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH

Etc etc etc....

"Got to have PL experience" is like saying that you can only go to Bognor on holiday because it's in Sussex and we can't go on holiday anywhere outside of Sussex.
I do feel that the PL experience is a bit overblown and provincial. It's not like we are playing a completely different sport than they play in Germany, France, Italy, Sweden, or even the Championship. All things being equal, sure, you'd take the guy with some/more PL experience over an equally qualified alternative, but I can't imagine it really makes that much difference in this day and age.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006

Attachments

• IMG_0116.jpeg
    IMG_0116.jpeg
    20.7 KB · Views: 13

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

Etc etc etc....

No, thats Brexit 🤦🏼‍♂️

knekkebrød

May 20, 2018
Norway

Would you be angry?

It clearly didn't happen like that. Barber has told us Potter left on good terms. So why don't you trust Barber?

I too was shocked and disapointed to see Bruno and Ben Roberts leaving along with Potter, but when De Zerbi showed up with his mega team it all made sense. I all was a ruthless and nescessary part of our succession planning. We will have to learn to live with it.

In the end it doesn't matter. There is no way we can afford to mach Potters current salary from Chelsea, and he isn't going to give it up to rejoin us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here