Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who do you want to become our new manager?

Who will become our next manager?

• Graham Potter

Votes: 102 15.5%
  • Kieran McKenna

Votes: 161 24.5%
  • Rob Edwards

Votes: 38 5.8%
  • Vincent Kompany

Votes: 42 6.4%
  • Steve Cooper

Votes: 15 2.3%
  • Kjetil Knutsen

Votes: 53 8.1%
  • Liam Rosenior

Votes: 25 3.8%
  • Adam Lallana

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Gareth Southgate

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Sami Hyypia

Votes: 14 2.1%
  • Mark McGhee

Votes: 16 2.4%
  • Micky Adams

Votes: 16 2.4%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 166 25.3%

• Total voters

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Is it just recency bias, or does it feel like this closed season's managerial merry-go-round is especially chaotic? I just can't even keep track anymore. Who's in? Who's out? Who's supposedly going somewhere, but maybe somewhere else?

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London
33/1 on Skybet. The 45 yo manager of Lyon, Pierre Sage looks a decent fit.

Huh - so that's what (or who) saved Lyon's season. Brilliant stuff.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
If Potter didn’t have ambition, he wouldn’t have left for Chelsea, as above. I don’t think a cattle prod is needed, maybe a caffeine boost to get Potter running up and down the touch line!

He was probably surprised that BHA fans didn’t sit back and applaud him for getting the Chelsea job. It’s a testament to our progress that his departure was met more with anger than sadness. That shows the level of expectations from fans, he cannot accuse fans of lacking ambition and if he wants a demanding job, here it is. Achieving success without cheating Financial Fair play should be more satisfying than working for a club that just spends spend spends.

The club does not express such high expectations itself, due to keeping the club on a sound financial footing, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t want trophies.

Now he has seen what this club can deliver, he should have the appetite to exceed De Zerbi’s achievements (reaching quarter finals of Europa League might be a bit tough, but why not strive for that).

It‘s not unrealistic for BHA to at least reach a cup final. We’ve come close in recent years, once under Chris Hughton with a much less talented squad. It was criminal not to beat Wolves and reach a semi-final again this season. Manchester United were for the taking and an FA Cup Final was within reach.

Potter is the best jobless manager with Premier League experience, like it or not Potter haters.
Poch hasn’t got a job are you saying Potter is better that Poch? Ridiculous

Poch hasn’t got a job are you saying Potter is better that Poch? Ridiculous
Poch is overrated, hasn’t won anything of note. At least nobody is pretending that Potter is an elite manager.

McKenna is presumably the favoured candidate, Potter is back up. The club is willing to take risks with young managers, as well as young players, so BHA do stand a decent chance of getting McKenna if Man United don’t step in

Last edited:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
The club seems to be tight as a duck's bottom this time. No leaks. Last time, RDZ was the early front runner and duly appointed. Same with Potter. I just don't get the same vibe with McKenna or any other candidates. Apart from media speculation, I don't think anyone has correctly identified who we are trying for.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
The club seems to be tight as a duck's bottom this time. No leaks. Last time, RDZ was the early front runner and duly appointed. Same with Potter. I just don't get the same vibe with McKenna or any other candidates. Apart from media speculation, I don't think anyone has correctly identified who we are trying for.
Agree with all of this

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
I don’t particularly want Potter back but if he is appointed I will continue to fully support the club. That is far more important to me than throwing the toys out of the pram.

Actually I would find it very funny after the money Chelsea paid for him to get him back for nothing. It would probably bring a knee-jerk bid from Chelsea to gazump us anyway.
Maybe it's some kind of cold war style "triple cross" to lure chelsea into re-employing Potts.

knekkebrød

May 20, 2018
Norway
Isn't Potter still paid handsomely by Chelsea until he finds a new job?

Is there any way we can afford to match those wages? If we can't, why all this noise about him signing for us again?

That beeing said. I don't get why so many of you are so angry at Potter.

Final question: Appart from loosing his job (or not knowing if he still had a job) at Brighton because we wanted a new head coach with a big team of coaches, what excactly has Bruno done to justify beeing labeled as "Judas"?

Still team Gallardo here.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
:lol: can you imagine the scenes if Xavi, one of the greatest footballers of all time, turned up on Tony’s helicopter for big unveiling at Pease Pottage services, as he looks around bewildered and Barber offers him anything off the menu (£10 or less)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here