Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who do you want to become our new manager?

Who will become our next manager?

• Graham Potter

Votes: 102 15.5%
  • Kieran McKenna

Votes: 161 24.5%
  • Rob Edwards

Votes: 38 5.8%
  • Vincent Kompany

Votes: 42 6.4%
  • Steve Cooper

Votes: 15 2.3%
  • Kjetil Knutsen

Votes: 53 8.1%
  • Liam Rosenior

Votes: 25 3.8%
  • Adam Lallana

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Gareth Southgate

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Sami Hyypia

Votes: 14 2.1%
  • Mark McGhee

Votes: 16 2.4%
  • Micky Adams

Votes: 16 2.4%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 166 25.3%

• Total voters

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
If RDZ had left to join another a club I could see why Potter's return made sense. But I can't see any sense in sacking/binning off RDZ and giving Potter back the job

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
33/1 on Skybet. The 45 yo manager of Lyon, Pierre Sage looks a decent fit.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If Potter didn’t have ambition, he wouldn’t have left for Chelsea, as above. I don’t think a cattle prod is needed, maybe a caffeine boost to get Potter running up and down the touch line!

He was probably surprised that BHA fans didn’t sit back and applaud him for getting the Chelsea job. It’s a testament to our progress that his departure was met more with anger than sadness. That shows the level of expectations from fans, he cannot accuse fans of lacking ambition and if he wants a demanding job, here it is. Achieving success without cheating Financial Fair play should be more satisfying than working for a club that just spends spend spends.

The club does not express such high expectations itself, due to keeping the club on a sound financial footing, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t want trophies.

Now he has seen what this club can deliver, he should have the appetite to exceed De Zerbi’s achievements (reaching quarter finals of Europa League might be a bit tough, but why not strive for that).

It‘s not unrealistic for BHA to at least reach a cup final. We’ve come close in recent years, once under Chris Hughton with a much less talented squad. It was criminal not to beat Wolves and reach a semi-final again this season. Manchester United were for the taking and an FA Cup Final was within reach.

Potter is the best jobless manager with Premier League experience, like it or not Potter haters.
Why the divisive language? Nobody is a Potter hater nor a Potter lover. It doesn’t help the debate by exaggerating.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

I'd imagine we'll want someone with more than 6 months' management experience!

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
We went from scoring 51 goals in 43 games under Potter, to 91 in 46 under De Zerbi and you think it was just because of Mac Allister and Caicedo being great, alongside Mitoma being allowed on the pitch? It was almost exactly the same squad. The only similarity between the two managers was a favouring for a Guardiola-style positional possession based tactic. How they implemented that is extremely different.

And if you think lack of goals was a Brighton problem, his Chelsea team, who the previous season under "pragmatic" Tuchel scored 76 in 38, scored just 21 in 23 games. This is with considerably better players than De Zerbi had at his disposal.

Potter did a good job at Brighton but he is a very strong defensive coach who deploys a system that is simply unable to get loads of goals. At the time we may have thought it was because of a lack of quality, but the evidence shows that Potter's style is the issue. Emotions aside, he would be completely the wrong choice. I've been shown what is possible at Brighton under a quality attacking focussed coach and I cannot believe anyone would want to go backwards from there.
Amen Brother/Sister. That should be the end of this Potter nonsense. We are meant to be a progressive club, ambitious, full of ideas.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Amen Brother/Sister. That should be the end of this Potter nonsense. We are meant to be a progressive club, ambitious, full of ideas.
Absolutely. I just want the club to take a step forward - it doesn't have to be revolutionary, but it does have to be forwards. We have moved well past Potter and his style.

dippy2449

May 24, 2004
Norfolk
Nah, sorry…..it’s got nothing to do with the respect I have for Tony Bloom and everything to do with the disrespect I have for Graham Potter.
The man’s a weasel.
One should never let personal feelings get in the way of professional judgements.
If after the sifting process, GP is the best candidate then cold hard logic should prevail

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London

Absolutely fascinating manager but... his incredible success at Lyon is very short term. Can we say that he would be able to replicate that at Brighton? Ligue 1 is putting forward some incredible short term performances by managers but there isn't huge amounts of evidence that it is sustainable in the long term - Will Still at Stade Reims, Eric Roy at Brest, Pierre Sage at Lyon, Farioli at Nice.

With such a quiet background before Lyon (a youth coach, and 13 games as manager in the highest amateur league in France) there probably isn't enough evidence to say he'd be the right choice at Brighton yet. Can't see him leaving Lyon and if he has a season like this one, then that would change everything.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I think Tony Bloom deserves more respect than that, but if this is what happens then I guess Potter will be a failure and we get relegated. Shame.
I think we respect Bloom enough to know that he will understand the strength of negative feeling this potential appointment will generate.... Potter and Bruno, plus the Bjorn/Benny combo can all sit this one out thanks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here