Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who do you want to become our new manager?

Who will become our next manager?

• Graham Potter

Votes: 102 15.5%
  • Kieran McKenna

Votes: 161 24.5%
  • Rob Edwards

Votes: 38 5.8%
  • Vincent Kompany

Votes: 42 6.4%
  • Steve Cooper

Votes: 15 2.3%
  • Kjetil Knutsen

Votes: 53 8.1%
  • Liam Rosenior

Votes: 25 3.8%
  • Adam Lallana

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Gareth Southgate

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Sami Hyypia

Votes: 14 2.1%
  • Mark McGhee

Votes: 16 2.4%
  • Micky Adams

Votes: 16 2.4%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 166 25.3%

• Total voters

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
There is no real comparison between Murray and Potter leaving…except they both came back…oh

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It took 7 years and a 3 year spell as the U21 manager first (and winning the Toulon Tournament) . It wasn't like he was sacked at Middlesborough and walked straight into the England job.
My wormy point was that his only experience as a league manager was getting 'boro relegated, followed by the sack. Which could be argued to mean Potter, never relegated, is a plausible candidate for the England job. Unless of course the FA decide to appoint from within again. Lee Carsley? Hmmm.....

That said, If Southgate were to move back to league management the timing is all wrong. Chels and ManUre aren't going to wait till after the Euros to appoint a manager.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
WTF?

IMG_4115.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: A1X

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Hughton was fired because he wasn't capable of any better than scraping above relegation every year.

Potter was achieving the club's stated aim of top 10 before he left.

That's the difference.

Hughton had 2 years in the PL and a lesser squad and got pretty much the same points as Potter got in his first 2 years.
Potter had us playing football that was at least enjoyable to watch, if you were not fussed on the results, so he got a 3rd year, and looked to be going backwards in terms of results, till he discovered Caicedo was quite good.
He won't get the same amount of patience second time around, playing nice and not winning often, is not all that rare these days in the PL.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Glenn Murray? ???
I take your point but I would also argue there is a difference between a player and a manager, a player can be hidden during the week and rarely are they the public face of the club unlike the manager

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I’d prefer him to Martin or Rosenior.

A good back-up option if we can’t get the 6 or so managers we’re looking at ahead of him.

I’d back him. I’m interested in good football and winning not the emotional fallout of his previous departure.
So am I, and I wasn’t impressed with his tactics tbh. He wasn’t bad but he wasn’t good either.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Regarding Potter, the history lesson comment was annoying, but the one that looks most ill-judged now is the reference to “having it easy” at Brighton. How could we seriously welcome back someone who is here for the easy life.
I don’t think that sort of person appeals to Barber or Bloom.

See, I never got the problem with that quote. I just interpreted it as him saying that it was hard at Chelsea because of all the new players and starting from scratch, but he was trying to convince their fans that he was up to the job. Whereas at Brighton he had already got the team playing well, had superb support from the board, everything was as he wanted it, it was pretty easy in comparison.

I mean, is there anyone here who thinks his job at BrIghton WASN'T easier than his job at Chelsea?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
So am I, and I wasn’t impressed with his tactics tbh. He wasn’t bad but he wasn’t good either.
If he was not bad and was not good, we can do better, too many folks on here seem to think we should settle for Potter, it has only been 7 days, it seems panic is setting in amongst the Albion faithful.

Bloom and Barber will be working away under the radar, all the media speculation is just that, until we either hear directly from our club or another concerning an approach it is all guess work obviously and click bait.

Potter is not the answer, we moved forward from his frequent miserable run of results and dull personality.

If we seriously signed him back, I will give up my season ticket.

I cannot see myself singing "Graham Potters Blue and White army" ever, ever again, it feels wrong....

I would take RDZ back though.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I’d prefer him to Martin or Rosenior.

A good back-up option if we can’t get the 6 or so managers we’re looking at ahead of him.

I’d back him. I’m interested in good football and winning not the emotional fallout of his previous departure.
I'd prefer you to Martin or Rosenior.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here