Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who do you want to become our new manager?

Who will become our next manager?

• Graham Potter

Votes: 102 15.5%
  • Kieran McKenna

Votes: 161 24.5%
  • Rob Edwards

Votes: 38 5.8%
  • Vincent Kompany

Votes: 42 6.4%
  • Steve Cooper

Votes: 15 2.3%
  • Kjetil Knutsen

Votes: 53 8.1%
  • Liam Rosenior

Votes: 25 3.8%
  • Adam Lallana

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Gareth Southgate

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Sami Hyypia

Votes: 14 2.1%
  • Mark McGhee

Votes: 16 2.4%
  • Micky Adams

Votes: 16 2.4%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 166 25.3%

• Total voters

dippy2449

May 24, 2004
Norfolk
I'm not sure Tony will get enough succession planning before he decides to go again.
Besides that, RDZ showed us that he can play a much better way with the same squad.
Somtimes you can move forward by going backwards

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I really wanted McKenna as it was obvious he’s our no1 choice.
However, if he’s sought after by Chelsea and United, we either aren’t going to get him or he comes with a very clear eye on his next move. He’s obviously calculating due to the manner in which he has ditched Ipswich.
So how do we move on, if needed.
The ‘leak’ about Potter I think was intentional. Let’s get fans used to the idea if this happens so it’s not a shock announcement.
Can the fans and players forgive and forget?
I think I’d be able to knowing that we handed him his ass on a plate 18 months ago. We’ve moved on, he’s taken a humbling.
So, if he wants a way back and is motivated to take us to a new level then I’m happy to back him. What will be more important, is whether the senior players will. I think Pascal would be the one where I’d have the most concern.
If he’s true to his word, he will have learnt a lot from the last 18 months. He’s now financially secure and so maybe his desire for something bigger than Brighton is diminished, but does he have the motivation to face the challenges with Brighton, that the Premier League throws at you and doesn’t feel that it’s the ‘easy choice’.
We may well have good other options but let’s say it’s a choice of Potter or Russell Martin or a Liam Rosenior, then logically for me, it makes sense to go with Potter.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
On a change of subject Auf Wiedersehen Pet is being re run on ITV4
IMG_4114.png

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Cucurella left after one season, absolutely no comparison.

Potter did more than three seasons and refused to talk to other clubs who had approached us in the past, Paul Barber confirmed as much on the High Peformance podcast. Whereas RDZ was batting his eyelids at other clubs after less than two seasons.

I really hope it is Potter as he gets way more flack than he deserves.
I think he doesn't get enough.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Anyone but Potter. I don't want him to have an 'easy life' at Brighton. Poor bloke needs tests himself, get out of his comfort zone that kind of thing.

The worse thing sbaout RDZ leaving is all these bloody posts about GP. It's not 2022!

We would be a great job for McKenna but if he's got ideas above his station then that will end badly. Amorim, Gallardo or someone TB things will work is fine by me.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Interesting are we only ignoring Liam R because he played for us? He finished higher in the championship than Potter did with Swansea. I see a couple of Bees fans wanting him there.
By all accounts Hull spent a decent amount of money to finish not as high as they'd have liked this season.

I suspect, if anything, the opposite is true and the main reason he's being mentioned by most people is that he used to play for us.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
I like him as a coach but despise him for throwing us under the bus, yet might have to swallow that if TB brings him back, I hope not. https://www.oddschecker.com/insight...ter-soars-into-contention-to-replace-de-zerbi

I know TB can be brutally pragmatic but this one??? I guess with their proven track record I will just put my trust in TB and PB.

For what it's worth I don't think it will happen. Just how thick skinned would Potter need to be? I cant imagine him getting a very good reception.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I would be very happy with him. It would steady the ship after a few tuberlant months under RDZ. Potter would be my first choice with the names mentioned.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here