Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who do you want to become our new manager?

Who will become our next manager?

• Graham Potter

Votes: 102 15.5%
  • Kieran McKenna

Votes: 161 24.5%
  • Rob Edwards

Votes: 38 5.8%
  • Vincent Kompany

Votes: 42 6.4%
  • Steve Cooper

Votes: 15 2.3%
  • Kjetil Knutsen

Votes: 53 8.1%
  • Liam Rosenior

Votes: 25 3.8%
  • Adam Lallana

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Gareth Southgate

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Sami Hyypia

Votes: 14 2.1%
  • Mark McGhee

Votes: 16 2.4%
  • Micky Adams

Votes: 16 2.4%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 166 25.3%

• Total voters

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Anyone getting more than 25 quid on a manager market in one bet is doing well.

I appreciate the "grand" comments are flippant but that would never happen in a million years on markets such as this. The best you could do is scoop a few pennies on the exchanges.

The days of 'arry ruling himself out in the press for the Portsmouth job and punting himself off the boards are long gone.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Potter. What incredible entertainment the Brighton fan base would be. Almost unrivalled to any drama in the past.

And I think he’d be quite good.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
Christ If Potter and Bruno came back I would Boo until I hyperventilated . I would get a double hernia straining to boo everyone. The opposition, their fans, VAR, premier league, FFP, bottle tops, the lack of a monorail. the carpark development, the box park being late (probably) the trains, people leaving early, the pies, the prices, Nike, half and half scarfs and Wrexham.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Don't forget the "easy life" quote.
I still think too much was read into this.

"If I wanted a nice, easy life, I could have quite easily stayed at Brighton in the Premier League, signed a new contract and been absolutely okay, and I wouldn't have had too many questions about myself, pressure, sackings or anything like that,"​
He was responding to people questioning his decision to move, given that he was coming in for a lot of criticism from Chelsea fans and there was speculation about how long he'd last.

Factually, it's bang on.

Staying at Brighton was the option for an easy life - a strong established relationship with the board; a team bought into his methods that was getting results; credit in the bank with (most) fans; reasonable expectations from the club. Stability.

Instead, he took the option that was so much harder that he failed miserably.

I don't think anyone can really question that staying would have been easier than trying to sort out the Chelsea car crash and winning over their mob of entitled fans?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Wait what's happening is Potter actually coming back?
A journalist has guessed he's our back up to McKenna, one of our attention seekers on Twitter has posted that guess on there and a few BHA have stuck a tenner on him as a result.

dippy2449

May 24, 2004
Norfolk
Don't forget the "easy life" quote.
In comparison to the absolute Shirt show going on at Cha-Ching-sea, I would say Brighton is an "easy life".
TB and PBOBE are not ones to stand in the way of ambition, at their estimated value of course. I wonder if they are inclined to reinstate someone who's ambition is outside their ability.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Very partial assessments, IMO.

DeZerbi did undoubtedly improve Solly March, largely through giving him constant public backing, to build the confidence he was lacking.

But the exact OPPOSITE is true of Baleba IMO, who he held back way too long, and repeatedly publicly criticised - knocking the lad's self-confidence and stunting his progression.
Completely agree. He is so raw but Baleba has some real attributes. Couldn't see any evidence of any coaching from RDZ on this, just publicly criticising which was more because he wanted better replacements for Moises and Ali Mac.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here