Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who do you want to become our new manager?

Who will become our next manager?

• Graham Potter

Votes: 102 15.5%
  • Kieran McKenna

Votes: 161 24.5%
  • Rob Edwards

Votes: 38 5.8%
  • Vincent Kompany

Votes: 42 6.4%
  • Steve Cooper

Votes: 15 2.3%
  • Kjetil Knutsen

Votes: 53 8.1%
  • Liam Rosenior

Votes: 25 3.8%
  • Adam Lallana

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Gareth Southgate

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Sami Hyypia

Votes: 14 2.1%
  • Mark McGhee

Votes: 16 2.4%
  • Micky Adams

Votes: 16 2.4%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 166 25.3%

• Total voters

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
I'm sure I read on this forum a month or so ago that Russell Martin's local academy activities in relation to the Albion's own search for local young talent, has mudded the waters over recent years.

In short, it would be difficult for him to represent our club. Even if we were/are interested.

Realistically, there are only 3 candidates now Farioli gone.

McKenna
Martin
Potter (plan B).

Every premier league club wants McKenna, even though he is unproven and a big risk. Only 2 will give him more than a few months to prove himself, BHA and Ipswich. Unless McKenna wants more time in the championship with Ipswich, or to commit managerial suicide like Potter, BHA is the best choice IMO.

Martin if Southampton don’t get promoted. That’s a big IF and waiting for that result could mean losing out on McKenna for sure.

Potter, a big slice of humble pie would need to be eaten by him, but he fits all criteria, like it or not. Personally, I wouldn’t be against his appointment. Very capable of adapting from Potterball to RDZ tactics and possibly improving them. He’s had plenty of chance to study tactics after being sacked by Chelsea.

Last edited:

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I am flabbergasted that 57 folk in here voted for the return of Potter, I really am, he may have a similar set of stats to RDZ, but by god, his departure and that of his sycophants in the aftermath has really left a sour taste... he won't get my support.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Probably not (mostly) the same fans.

Many are very vocal about NOT wanting him back, they're probably the ones that 'hated' him.

I'm in the Potter Back camp, but I never hated him. Everything he did at the club was positive - including leaving and being unsuccessful at Chelsea.

He's a great manager and would be a great fit for next season.
If he was that good, surely he would have been pulled up for one of the many high profile jobs that have become available in the time since he was given the push in West London.!?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
If he was that good, surely he would have been pulled up for one of the many high profile jobs that have become available in the time since he was given the push in West London.!?
He’s turned down jobs. Ajax & Lyon for starters.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Potter the favorite...

1000004515.png

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Betting odds mean absolutely nothing ffs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here