Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who do you want to become our new manager?

Who will become our next manager?

• Graham Potter

Votes: 102 15.5%
  • Kieran McKenna

Votes: 161 24.5%
  • Rob Edwards

Votes: 38 5.8%
  • Vincent Kompany

Votes: 42 6.4%
  • Steve Cooper

Votes: 15 2.3%
  • Kjetil Knutsen

Votes: 53 8.1%
  • Liam Rosenior

Votes: 25 3.8%
  • Adam Lallana

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Gareth Southgate

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Sami Hyypia

Votes: 14 2.1%
  • Mark McGhee

Votes: 16 2.4%
  • Micky Adams

Votes: 16 2.4%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 166 25.3%

• Total voters

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
I was pretty convinced by the McKenna Four Four Two video, now I'm pretty convinced by the Rydstrom video above.

On balance I think Rydstrom sounds more fun and will be harder for the opposition to figure out. I suspect we might get some early-era RDZ-style results out of that alone.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I was pretty convinced by the McKenna Four Four Two video, now I'm pretty convinced by the Rydstrom video above.

On balance I think Rydstrom sounds more fun and will be harder for the opposition to figure out. I suspect we might get some early-era RDZ-style results out of that alone.
Has this guy actually been linked with us? Or is it just who people have decided they want?

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
Screenshot_20240523-114538_Chrome.jpg

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
I see Liam Rosenior is coming in a bit on the odds. He could be the dark horse in this. His is available and I am sure he would come if asked. Has he got enough about him though? Good communicator, wouldn't rock the boat, would fit in with the vision, unlikely to leave at the drop of the hat. Almost the exact opposite of RDZ but more polished than GP. Would the team do it on the pitch for him though? The PL is a tough place to work.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
The Rydstrom philosophy….

Good god. This would be a HORRENDOUS appointment. All outfield players over one side, lose the ball and all the oppo need to do is get it to the other wing and we'll get destroyed.

We can't cope with a lot of counter attack teams when our players are in position, never mind clumped over the other side.

Yes it works against other Swedish Pub teams (look at the god awful defending in this video), but against Citeh? Arsenal? Liverpool? Etc... with their electric counter attacks? We'd be lucky to come away with a 10-0 loss.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Good god. This would be a HORRENDOUS appointment. All outfield players over one side, lose the ball and all the oppo need to do is get it to the other wing and we'll get destroyed.

We can't cope with a lot of counter attack teams when our players are in position, never mind clumped over the other side.

Yes it works against other Swedish Pub teams (look at the god awful defending in this video), but against Citeh? Arsenal? Liverpool? Etc... with their electric counter attacks? We'd be lucky to come away with a 10-0 loss.
Yeah but it would be exciting. And hipster.

venkuk

May 15, 2023
I have had a feeling all along that we are going to end up with Russel Martin. I'm sure he's a nice guy and a capable manager but it would be a very disappointing appointment in my opinion. The other candidates all seem to be in talks with other clubs. McKenna with Chelsea, Kompany with Bayern and Farioli with Ajax.

I personally hope it's McKenna but I think he's going to end up elsewhere.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
First preference : Someone I've never heard of.

If it has to be a name I recognise then I suppose Rosenior would be as good as any.

Last edited:

venkuk

May 15, 2023
I know there's a lot of reasons why not, but I'd like to see us make a move for Thomas Frank. He's been at Brentford for a long time. I know Bloom and their Chairman hate each other though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here