Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who do you want to become our new manager?

Who will become our next manager?

• Graham Potter

Votes: 97 15.0%
  • Kieran McKenna

Votes: 163 25.3%
  • Rob Edwards

Votes: 36 5.6%
  • Vincent Kompany

Votes: 42 6.5%
  • Steve Cooper

Votes: 15 2.3%
  • Kjetil Knutsen

Votes: 52 8.1%
  • Liam Rosenior

Votes: 25 3.9%
  • Adam Lallana

Votes: 5 0.8%
  • Gareth Southgate

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Sami Hyypia

Votes: 14 2.2%
  • Mark McGhee

Votes: 15 2.3%
  • Micky Adams

Votes: 16 2.5%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 162 25.1%

• Total voters

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Burnley conceded just 35 goals as they smashed the Championship with amazing attacking football based on passing out from the back. With essentially the same team, that went up to 78 this season as the northerners were pummelled straight back down again.

Ipswich played a similar style of football this season and whilst they managed to score more than Burnley did in 22/23 (92, an astonishing achievement) but the price was 57 goals conceded. They’ll ship many more than 78 next season unless they have a complete rebuild and potentially, a change in style to something like Dycheball. A massive job for McKenna.

Personally, I’d like to see them stay up but if they think they can survive playing the same style of football they are bonkers. If they try, they’ll be punted so astonishingly hard, they’ll end up landing in the Netherlands!
Ipswich did it in a far tougher league. And Burnley might not have conceded that many if they had more faith in the players that got them there and/or signed quality (as most of the teams that stay up do) rather than spendi and a lot on players no better than they already had

Reddleman

May 17, 2017

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I can just see the usual boring post match interviews all over again, "it is what it is".
No Thanks
Boringly getting back into the top ten, and maybe a boring season in the ECL - not quite as tough as the Europa - would be fine. I would take a boring post match interview following a tonking of ManU or Chelsea any day!

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Francesco Farioli would be a great appointment
I’d prefer this fella too. I’d rather have someone with some top flight experience. McKenna doesn’t have that. Hopefully he’ll stay with Ipswich.

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
I’d prefer this fella too. I’d rather have someone with some top flight experience. McKenna doesn’t have that. Hopefully he’ll stay with Ipswich.

Farioli doesn't have much top flight experience at all - a year and a half in Turkey and a year in France. Honestly, I think it's a big risk.
2021: Fatih Karagümrük
2021–2023: Alanyaspor
2023–2024: Nice

Really wanted Fonseca personally.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Farioli doesn't have much top flight experience at all - a year and a half in Turkey and a year in France. Honestly, I think it's a big risk.
2021: Fatih Karagümrük
2021–2023: Alanyaspor
2023–2024: Nice

Really wanted Fonseca personally.
No more of a risk than McKenna imo.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Having studied this guy (Rydstrom) intensly for over 15 minutes, I am in.
It strikes me that we have a few players that are great, but they have not really got a position, so playing without positions so much could suit our squad very well.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I would be a great appointment if you ignore the fact he’s f*cking shit.

I need to get this straight. Who is f*cking shit?

Did you go from first person to third person in your statement?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here