Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who do you want to become our new manager?

Who will become our next manager?

• Graham Potter

Votes: 97 15.1%
  • Kieran McKenna

Votes: 163 25.3%
  • Rob Edwards

Votes: 36 5.6%
  • Vincent Kompany

Votes: 42 6.5%
  • Steve Cooper

Votes: 15 2.3%
  • Kjetil Knutsen

Votes: 52 8.1%
  • Liam Rosenior

Votes: 25 3.9%
  • Adam Lallana

Votes: 5 0.8%
  • Gareth Southgate

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Sami Hyypia

Votes: 14 2.2%
  • Mark McGhee

Votes: 14 2.2%
  • Micky Adams

Votes: 16 2.5%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 161 25.0%

• Total voters

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
"Could understand him going to Chelsea or United but not Brighton. Sure they've had a good couple of years but it's just a perfect storm of good stuff. They'll be back in the championship in no time."

"He’d be brilliant for almost any club. But I’m struggling to get my head round the fact that we might leave us so quickly, and for a club like Brighton! Yes they are ahead of us, but 2-3 years time we could well have reversed rolls with them."

"I honestly didn't see it happening with our promotion, not yet anyway and especially not Brighton."

Screenshot_20240520-222611~2.png

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Yep,

they really think it will be like L1 to Championship...... Burnley pissed the Championship and we're totally shown up in PL.

I dont wish them bad, but they're going to get a rude awakening. The league has moved on massively since they last left and the gulf has never been bigger.

McKenna would have to fail spectacularly at Albion to get a relegation on his CV, he'd have to have his best ever season and perform really well to avoid one next season with Ipswich.
Burnley conceded just 35 goals as they smashed the Championship with amazing attacking football based on passing out from the back. With essentially the same team, that went up to 78 this season as the northerners were pummelled straight back down again.

Ipswich played a similar style of football this season and whilst they managed to score more than Burnley did in 22/23 (92, an astonishing achievement) but the price was 57 goals conceded. They’ll ship many more than 78 next season unless they have a complete rebuild and potentially, a change in style to something like Dycheball. A massive job for McKenna.

Personally, I’d like to see them stay up but if they think they can survive playing the same style of football they are bonkers. If they try, they’ll be punted so astonishingly hard, they’ll end up landing in the Netherlands!

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Just putting this out there….has got Nice into the Europa League this season with the best defensive record in the league conceding only 29 goals. He even looks like a De Zerbi clone :lol:

IMG_0319.jpeg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This is a genuine question rather than a dig, but what have you read that gets you excited about him? Ultra defensive it seems?
I read this. It seems he’s from the same new school of Italian coaches as RDZ; it’s doesn’t seem “ultra defensive” to me.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I read this. It seems he’s from the same new school of Italian coaches as RDZ; it’s doesn’t seem “ultra defensive” to me.

Sorry. The lack of goals from his Nice team this season has really put me off. Just 40. Only five teams from the bottom six scored less. We have a huge issue scoring goals since De Zerbi lost his mind, mojo and now manager role.

I genuinely believe getting the players to score again is our new manager’s greatest challenge.
That’s why McKenna’s 92 appeals to me.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Sorry. The lack of goals from his Nice team this season has really put me off. Just 40. Only five teams from the bottom six scored less. We have a huge issue scoring goals since De Zerbi lost his mind, mojo and now manager role.

I genuinely believe getting the players to score again is our new manager’s greatest challenge.
That’s why McKenna’s 92 appeals to me.
Yer it's utterly bizarre all these people putting their hand up for this charlatan , I've not heard one good reason to appoint him yet. Also he's de zerbis mate, it would be baffling to appoint someone who is the semi protege of an individual that's just pissed bloom off so much.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Francesco Farioli would be a great appointment

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
PBOBE “Roberto built on Graham’s work, Graham built on Chris’s work and we’d like to progress from where we are.”

That leads me to believe GP isn’t in the running.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here