Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who do you want to become our new manager?

Who will become our next manager?

• Graham Potter

Votes: 97 15.1%
  • Kieran McKenna

Votes: 163 25.4%
  • Rob Edwards

Votes: 36 5.6%
  • Vincent Kompany

Votes: 42 6.5%
  • Steve Cooper

Votes: 15 2.3%
  • Kjetil Knutsen

Votes: 52 8.1%
  • Liam Rosenior

Votes: 25 3.9%
  • Adam Lallana

Votes: 5 0.8%
  • Gareth Southgate

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Sami Hyypia

Votes: 14 2.2%
  • Mark McGhee

Votes: 14 2.2%
  • Micky Adams

Votes: 16 2.5%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 160 24.9%

• Total voters

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Ex ipswich manager I give you mick Mccarthy, keeps everyone happy, we get a slice of ipswich in spirit and they get to keep mckenna, can't go wrong.
Joking apart l really did like Mick, at least you knew what you were getting with his style of management. Very much a diosaur now of course as is his good mate Chris Hughton.

Both of them the complete antithesis of Signor DI Zerbi's way of coaching players.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I know all team forums are full of batshit mentalists, including this one, but f*ck me some of those comments on the Ipswich one are insane.

I particularly liked the guy who drew comparisons between the two clubs because we both try and “buy low and sell high”. An observation which links us, Ipswich and every other club in Europe not named Manchester United.

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
Def not McKenna who will stay on at Ipswich. I would go for Francesco Farioli. Far easier transition from RDZ compared to other managers mentioned.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Def not McKenna who will stay on at Ipswich. I would go for Francesco Farioli. Far easier transition from RDZ compared to other managers mentioned.

I did see the Nice v Strasbourg game last season in September when on holiday in France as we were staying in Frejus. They played well that day, a bit De Zerbi esque. But as a team they don't score many goals either. Struck me in hindsight as a slightly more defensive manager (they won that night 2-0).

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Odds from Will Hill at the moment are as follows:
Kieran McKenna
8/11
Russell Martin
9/2
Francesco Farioli
11/2
Graham Potter
8/1
Rob Edwards
9/1
Liam Rosenior
16/1
Vincent Kompany
16/1
Paulo Fonseca
20/1
Sebastian Hoeness
20/1
Ruben Amorim
20/1
Kjetil Knutsen
20/1
Will Still
20/1
Steve Cooper
25/1
Gareth Southgate
25/1
Brendan Rodgers
25/1
Carlos Corberan
25/1
Thiago Motta
28/1
Hansi Flick
33/1
Abel Ferreira
33/1
Marcelo Gallardo
33/1
Bo Svensson
33/1
Nathan Jones
33/1
Michael Carrick
33/1
Alexander Blessin
33/1
Imanol Alguacil
33/1
Michel
33/1
Thomas Tuchel
33/1

So they reckon there's more chance of us having Gareth Southward as the next manager than one of our own Nathan Jones? Aye right!

Francesco Farioli is only 11/2!

TNBA

TTF

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
So they reckon there's more chance of us having Gareth Southward as the next manager than one of our own Nathan Jones? Aye right!

Nathan Jones has recently joined Charlton in League One. Firstly, he's not really available. Secondly, he's not very good at Premier League level. Thirdly, we would not be remotely interested in him. The idea of someone placing a bet on him joining is equivalent to tossing your money down the drain, one coin at a time.

Gareth Southgate has managed at international level, and may be available later in the summer. I can categorically say that he is not going to be Brighton manager, but he is more likely to be than Nathan Jones is.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Nathan Jones has recently joined Charlton in League One. Firstly, he's not really available. Secondly, he's not very good at Premier League level. Thirdly, we would not be remotely interested in him. The idea of someone placing a bet on him joining is equivalent to tossing your money down the drain, one coin at a time.

Gareth Southgate has managed at international level, and may be available later in the summer. I can categorically say that he is not going to be Brighton manager, but he is more likely to be than Nathan Jones is.
Sorry, still don't see it!

TNBA

TTF

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
Bring back the forgotten man Hyypia for another couple of months, see how he's improved. It couldn't be any worse than it was.

Charlie Livesey

Sep 28, 2023
I sat through two and a half years of garbage with Potter before half a season where the players carried him, he then ditched us for Chelsea and got royally found out.

I'd honestly rather have Fat Sam, Hodgson or even Hyppia back than watch that f***ing unless tool stink out the dugout again.
On the fence then

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I haven't got a bloody clue

McKenna would be a fool to leave Ipswich and we'd be mad to take him . . .it's a big jump. L1 to PL in 15 months. . .a different game entirely

Anger

Jul 21, 2017
Sammy Lee.

He has unfinished business.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I haven't got a bloody clue

McKenna would be a fool to leave Ipswich and we'd be mad to take him . . .it's a big jump. L1 to PL in 15 months. . .a different game entirely
He’s had more experience than Artetta in management before he became Arsenal manager. He wouldn’t be a fool either Ipswich need huge investment to compete we don’t.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here