Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who do you want to become our new manager?

Who will become our next manager?

• Graham Potter

Votes: 96 15.0%
  • Kieran McKenna

Votes: 164 25.5%
  • Rob Edwards

Votes: 36 5.6%
  • Vincent Kompany

Votes: 42 6.5%
  • Steve Cooper

Votes: 15 2.3%
  • Kjetil Knutsen

Votes: 52 8.1%
  • Liam Rosenior

Votes: 25 3.9%
  • Adam Lallana

Votes: 5 0.8%
  • Gareth Southgate

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Sami Hyypia

Votes: 14 2.2%
  • Mark McGhee

Votes: 14 2.2%
  • Micky Adams

Votes: 16 2.5%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 160 24.9%

• Total voters

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
The only thing Im going to say on this subject before taking a summer sabatical from coming on here.
There is absolutely no chance that we will re hire Potter.
TB is a hard nosed businessman and lifelong fan. He has just terminated (mutually) the agreement of the manager that took us to our highest ever finish and took us to Europe for the first time ever partly because, I would assume, he felt a little betrayed by RDZ questioning the clubs policies. Why does anybody think that he would re hire a man that left us during a season, for a rival, and took numerous other members of staff with him? That turned around and said that Brighton was "the easy life"?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
After giving it some thought, I reckon we could get McKenna and I think we'll try.

I don't buy into all the bullshit conversations about club size. But deep down McKenna must know that a relegation fight is a 100% certainty and they will be heavily odds on to finish rock bottom. This time last year, Sheff Utd fans loved Heckingbottom. The absolute best case scenario is that his reputation is up around where Rob Edwards or Kompany is next year, decent and respected, but still not in line for a serious promotion to a steady PL team, let alone a top one.

For his career, a move to a club fighting for the top half would make sense. He must know that he's not realistically getting the Man Utd job or the Chelsea job this summer. But if he takes a job like the one here, builds on what RDZ has achieved, with players already primed to play similar football, then he could find himself coveted by the top 6 in a couple of years time.

If this does happen, can we please show some class online?

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
There is not a single name on that list that interests me when compared to Roberto.

When Potter left we were gutted of course, but the names on the list were considerable more interesting (the top three bookies choices were Knutsen, De Zerbi, and Postecoglou). Knutsen's star has waned since.

I'm happy to be proved wrong, but I think the club have decided it's time for austerity and the next manager will be about as placid as Potter was.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
True, but I know what he has done in the past at Brighton so I would trust him if he did come back unlike the other managers listed who have much less experience. I don’t care about the manner he left the club.
What about his comments that he could have stayed here for an easy life?

Is that what you want? A manager that view us that way?

RDZ has shown nothing but class in his dealings with the fans. We want someone like that, not someone who goes on about history lessons

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I would have thought McKenna would want a crack at the Prem with the club he helped get promoted personally. Yes, they may well struggle but I for one am not convinced he quite has the experience needed, but it ain't my decision.

Expect a complete curve ball from Tony & Paul that none of us are thinking.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
What about his comments that he could have stayed here for an easy life?

Is that what you want? A manager that view us that way?

RDZ has shown nothing but class in his dealings with the fans. We want someone like that, not someone who goes on about history lessons
I’m not too bothered about a manager’s comments, I’m more bothered about the performances on the pitch. I believe that Potter can bring us the greatest success out of the managers listed as I know he has Premier League experience and is familiar with the club. That is my personal view.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Not a chance McKenna is leaving Ipswich for us.
That makes no sense at all. He'd be on a hiding to nothing. At Ipswich anything would be deemed a success next season. And he is only 38.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Paulo Fonseca - used to developing/trusting young players and having his best sold, worked in a few different countries (something Barber said they liked about RDZ) and had a better record at Shakhtar than Roberto. Plus his contract at Lille is up.

Good shout.

Fave for AC Milan. But you never know.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Not a chance McKenna is leaving Ipswich for us.
That makes no sense at all. He'd be on a hiding to nothing. At Ipswich anything would be deemed a success next season. And he is only 38.
I disagree that that there's no chance he's leaving. Given that Ipswich were in League 1 last year, next season its going to be incredibly difficult for them to stay up. If he's realistic about the Ipswich job, and is acknowledging the level of difficulty in keeping the up, then he may decide to leave while his stock is high, rather than wait it to drop when they get relegated. I personally don't think he will leave, but as we all know, everybody looks out for number 1 first in football so I wouldn't say there's no chance.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
How about this guy. Did a good job at osasuna, quit in march, tapped up ?

Jagoba Arrasate, 45, Osasuna

In an age where football managers are expected to take centre stage in the media, deliver catchy one-liners and embellish their reputations as if their lives depended on it, Arrasate represents something of an antidote. The understated Basque rarely sets news conferences alight or engages in "mind games" with his colleagues, preferring to go about his business quietly, focusing on his work at the training ground rather than creating headlines.

Having taken over Osasuna in 2018, Arrasate immediately gained promotion back to the top tier and since then the Pamplona outfit have never finished below 11th. Last season's seventh place represents the club's best result in 11 years, plus Arrasate led them to the Copa del Rey final.

Perhaps more importantly, though, during his five-year tenure the respected 45-year-old has managed to build a proper Osasuna DNA: a high-pressing, aggressive side that is arguably the most direct in LaLiga.

Wouldn't mind a bit more direct footy !
I'm putting everything on this guy !! The 'basque Jürgen klopp'

(Pervis knows him as well)

Sounds exciting. Although I would hope he wouldn't train players into the ground

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I disagree that that there's no chance he's leaving. Given that Ipswich were in League 1 last year, next season its going to be incredibly difficult for them to stay up. If he's realistic about the Ipswich job, and is acknowledging the level of difficulty in keeping the up, then he may decide to leave while his stock is high, rather than wait it to drop when they get relegated. I personally don't think he will leave, but as we all know, everybody looks out for number 1 first in football so I wouldn't say there's no chance.
Just not blooms style to poach managers. Potter was a different story as Swansea treated him really badly.

Last edited:

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Just imagine the banner Ipswich would come out with if we took McKenna on.

Random thought about Potter. Much has been made of his emotional intelligence and he was always banging on about learning from adversity. He must have learned tons from his Chelsea experience. He might be an emotional Einstein by now.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
Like others, I think McKenna leaving Ipswich for us is a non-starter. I wouldn’t leave a project going brilliantly where I’m invested in all the personal relationships for a clean break, and I don’t think McKenna will either. I hope he uses us to get the Ipswich board to add a zero to the end of his annual wage, but I wish him well at Ipswich. The timing is just wrong.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
I'm putting everything on this guy !! The 'basque Jürgen klopp'

(Pervis knows him as well)

Sounds exciting. Although I would hope he wouldn't train players into the ground

The guy's never left the Basque Country, either as a player or manager. No way he's risking it all to move to Brighton, surely?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here