Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who do you want to become our new manager?

Who will become our next manager?

• Graham Potter

Votes: 96 15.0%
  • Kieran McKenna

Votes: 164 25.5%
  • Rob Edwards

Votes: 36 5.6%
  • Vincent Kompany

Votes: 42 6.5%
  • Steve Cooper

Votes: 15 2.3%
  • Kjetil Knutsen

Votes: 52 8.1%
  • Liam Rosenior

Votes: 25 3.9%
  • Adam Lallana

Votes: 5 0.8%
  • Gareth Southgate

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Sami Hyypia

Votes: 14 2.2%
  • Mark McGhee

Votes: 14 2.2%
  • Micky Adams

Votes: 16 2.5%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 160 24.9%

• Total voters

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
I sat through two and a half years of garbage with Potter before half a season where the players carried him, he then ditched us for Chelsea and got royally found out.

I'd honestly rather have Fat Sam, Hodgson or even Hyppia back than watch that f***ing unless tool stink out the dugout again.

Bizzare, Potter laid the groundwork for what Roberto achieved, and who knows how the season would have panned out had he not taken the Chelsea golden ticket out.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Bizzare, Potter laid the groundwork for what Roberto achieved, and who knows how the season would have panned out had he not taken the Chelsea golden ticket out.
Absolutely no chance Potter got us to into Europe.

The main thing we lacked was mentality. RDZ changed that.

And other than injuries, it's the main thing we lost this season. RDZ went from talking about Champions League to talking about top 10 after he felt the ambition hadn't been matched.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He can’t handle ten boos from Albion fans, the press will slaughter him if it goes wrong. He’s far to fragile.
I am not sure that getting pissy at criticism and being unable to handle criticism are the same thing. I get very pissy at criticism, but I am unlikely to be found weeping in a corner.

Potter could be a perfect fit for England.

But.... not sure why..... I don't fancy that. I'm concerned that the players won't take to him. There again.... not sure I have a clear view of anything presently

My favourite England manager was Venables. And yet..... I feel he encouraged an old school lad culture that has no place in modern football. A modern Venables?

Back to the Albion....my gut says McKenna, but only because of the apparent momentum for it. On paper he's no more, yet, than the equivalent of that other double promotion man. What was his name? Oh yes....Nigel Adkins.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I suppose the Stuttgart manager is out of the question? Two birds with one stone as he could probably get Undav excited to come back too :smile:

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Potter was hated just a few days ago and now people are wanting him back. Some fans are so fickle. Pantomime stuff.

Probably not (mostly) the same fans.

Many are very vocal about NOT wanting him back, they're probably the ones that 'hated' him.

I'm in the Potter Back camp, but I never hated him. Everything he did at the club was positive - including leaving and being unsuccessful at Chelsea.

He's a great manager and would be a great fit for next season.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Absolutely no chance Potter got us to into Europe.

The main thing we lacked was mentality. RDZ changed that.

And other than injuries, it's the main thing we lost this season. RDZ went from talking about Champions League to talking about top 10 after he felt the ambition hadn't been matched.

Much as I love De Zerbi, he basically took a fantastically coached team and got them to play higher risk football.

I'm not sure Potter wouldn't have been able to take us into europe last season.
The stars perfectly aligned to give us that shot,

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Many are very vocal about NOT wanting him back, they're probably the ones that 'hated' him.

I'm in the Potter Back camp, but I never hated him. Everything he did at the club was positive - including leaving and being unsuccessful at Chelsea.

A great manager 🤣 do me a favour. He didn’t stamp any kind of authority down at Chelsea the players were laughing at him.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

I'm very vocal about not wanting him back and I was fully supportive of him while he was here.

I used about 7 of the worst 10 swearwords in the English language in one sentence at about 120 decibels last time he came to the Amex ... all while next to my young son. Having gone through those subsequent conversations with my boy, I don't think I could ever start cheering his name again

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I am not sure that getting pissy at criticism and being unable to handle criticism are the same thing. I get very pissy at criticism, but I am unlikely to be found weeping in a corner.

Potter could be a perfect fit for England.

But.... not sure why..... I don't fancy that. I'm concerned that the players won't take to him. There again.... not sure I have a clear view of anything presently

My favourite England manager was Venables. And yet..... I feel he encouraged an old school lad culture that has no place in modern football. A modern Venables?

Back to the Albion....my gut says McKenna, but only because of the apparent momentum for it. On paper he's no more, yet, than the equivalent of that other double promotion man. What was his name? Oh yes....Nigel Adkins.
Yes I think Barber has been in Blooms ear about KM. Has a championship manager ever done well in the PL? Can’t think of one tbh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here