Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who do you want to be the next England manager?

If anyone picks Steve McClaren I propose a life-time ban from the board

• Total voters

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Has to be.......

mike-bassett-england-manager-1.jpg

Or....

barry-lloyd1.gif

Foster House

Aug 25, 2010
East Sussex
England are not good enough to win the Euros, excepting that the team fights with every inch of it's breath with great motivation.

For that reason I would suggest that Stuart Pearce is given the job through to the end of the Euros, then take it from there.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Do people actually think MON would take the job? He wasn't too pleased having a Union flag plonked in the middle of his front lawn. :moo:

Oct 25, 2003
Do people actually think MON would take the job? He wasn't too pleased having a Union flag plonked in the middle of his front lawn. :moo:

he applied before..........however he was overlooked in favour of mclaren which might've pissed him off, plus he's only just taken the sunderland job so might not be that fussed at the moment

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
You cant judge how good an international manager will be based on previous club form. International football is a totally diiferent kettle of tadpoles.

Clubs all play certain systems which take time to master. You cannot work it that way with a team that is thrown together every now and then who all have different ideas, fitness levels, etc etc etc.

What an England manager needs to be is passionate about English football and more of a man manager than a tactician (tatics are important). I think we have been through enough non nationals to prove this. Venebals and Robson underline this.

Harry would be good I think but should have a team of resource to use as examples of inspiration ie: Lineker, Beckham, Pearce, Robson, Seaman, Platt, Shearer, Greaves, Mullery, Charlton etc etc etc. Get them involved as mentors around big tournaments and show this current squad of bling what it is to be English. Oh and leave Terry on the bus.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
England are not good enough to win the Euros, excepting that the team fights with every inch of it's breath with great motivation.

For that reason I would suggest that Stuart Pearce is given the job through to the end of the Euros, then take it from there.
With David Beckham as no 2 players would play for them and no ones gonna f*** about with Pearce in charge. They couldn't do any worse than our recent efforts in finals

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
I'm thinking a league manager who has no time for or understanding of egos, high salarys, WAGS, granny scuttling etc....Ian Holloway someone like that.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I want a manager that says, 'I don't expect you to win the tournament. I just want you to play your hearts out and entertain the fans with our free-flowing passing game.'

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Harry can do one. He runs a mile when times are hard and the money runs out, the Pompey to Southampton back to Pompey incident is a prime example. He then left Pompey when he got a whiff of bad times and jumped ship to spurs but found enough time to collect a key to the city of portsmouth like the egotistical twat he is. Oh and he always blames everyone but himself when his team loses. Rant over.
For me I'd love Jose, he's cool as a cucumber, and knows how to handle the millionaire egos. He can play flair and dirty as the situation and opposition dictates.

Sent by Derek Achora via the spirit world.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here