Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who do YOU want as our manager?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Oscar is not a fool he will not even contemplate coming back here, unfortunately.

I'd like Hoddle but I imagine we'll get another cheap rookie who used to play football quite well. We may get a League One or Two manager but we won't be getting an inspirational tried and tested one because there is no way they will work with the constraints the Albion put on managers. Poisoned chalice, great stadium and infrastructure but players bought by intensive study of players on football manager

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Steve Evans.

Comedy post obviously, but I bet we'd be well clear of relegation by the end of January and in the summer he'd be happy to tear Burke a new ******** in the press.

So all in all, I'd probably quite like this to happen. :lolol:

Jimmy Grimble

Rosler.

Northern Monkey

Dec 5, 2012
Pulis definitely....

Please not Sven. Will bleed us dry

So would Pulis. He left Stoke £70M in the red then got the hump and walked out on Palace because they wouldn't let him do the same. Do you honestly think Barber will let him spend the sort of money he'd want?

Also, have a gander at his track record of getting on with chairmen/owners. Stoke (second time round) is about the only time he hasn't left a club under a cloud. A good manager I grant you but he comes with far too much baggage.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
One man ticks all the boxes.

British.

Knows the English league.

Has passion and fight in him as previously seen on his last visit to a Brighton football ground.

The Wealdstone Raider

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
One clear candiate: Paolo Di Canio

Experience as both a player and a manager at the highest (inter)national levels.
Managed a successful promotion season. In an English league.

But above all, passion.
Because that's the only thing that really matters in a manager, isn't it?

Frank psychosis, sure and a a terrible man-manager.
But you've got to concede my point about passion....

If all prejudice could be put aside and Mr Bloom were to be bold and brave, as he was when he chose Poyet, then PDC and his loyal five man backroom team would be the most exciting appointment in the history of B&HA.
It might take a little time but eventually Paolo would lead you to The Premier League.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I'd want Karl Robinson, I know he's never a popular pick when these threads come up but I've always liked the way he got MK playing. Not sure if he'd want the job now mind, with MK looking good in L1.

Tony Mowbray, not very fashionable, but had Middlesbrough playing some very good football before it went wrong there. Not such much a suggestion or want but a name that could be in the mix.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
If all prejudice could be put aside and Mr Bloom were to be bold and brave, as he was when he chose Poyet, then PDC and his loyal five man backroom team would be the most exciting appointment in the history of B&HA.
It might take a little time but eventually Paolo would lead you to The Premier League.

Not if, just before the big playoff game, you tweeted him anonymously that the Axis lost WWII.

The emotional collapse he would suffer would be immediately translated to the team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here