Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who do you / Have you rated...

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
CoG at Fulham away.

Although in a tiny minority I would go further than that. He may not be a 20+ a season goalscorer but put the right players in and around him and develop a bit of pace from midfield and I think he could be a real game changer. Hold up play, general strength (v Gooners was superb) ability to close control and picking out the decisive pass are all strengths. Conversely, lack of pace and (I think) a natural eye for goal are minuses.

He'll no doubt fade into oblivion and I'll never get the chance to say "I told you so", but he had the potential to be far more an asset to us than some other more popular figures

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
KLL. Would be the first outfield name on my subs bench every week.

He beats his defender and gets a cross in EVERY time when he comes on. Massive impact and on a very short list of genuinely exciting Albion players.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Baldock. Whilst its seems that the consensus is that he's at least decent now, he is still seen as a failure of a signing by many. I think he adapted very well out of position on the left wing and if played up front would score loads. Also, people use the fact that "he's not proven in the championship" as leverage to slate him, when actually he was very good at West Ham and most of their fans were disappointed to see him leave. He started brilliantly there, scoring something like 4 in his first 5 before getting a long term injury and wasn't ready for the step up to the prem when he was back. He then scored 30 odd in league one when actually played in his natural position. Bearing in mind the awful service our team was providing last year it's ridiculous to me that people have already written him off, and if played in a front 2 with Hemed next year, I can see him doing very well.

My concern is not with his ability, just that he seems a bit of a sick note.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Although in a tiny minority I would go further than that. He may not be a 20+ a season goalscorer but put the right players in and around him and develop a bit of pace from midfield and I think he could be a real game changer. Hold up play, general strength (v Gooners was superb) ability to close control and picking out the decisive pass are all strengths. Conversely, lack of pace and (I think) a natural eye for goal are minuses.

He'll no doubt fade into oblivion and I'll never get the chance to say "I told you so", but he had the potential to be far more an asset to us than some other more popular figures

Agreed, he needs a tricky pacey player to play off him. Could it be a fit Baldock or Colunga if played with COG? I imagine two of the three will be shipped out though.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Barnes, Baldock, JFC spring to mind in recent times. Barnes and JFC aren't "flair" enough for a lot of our fan base to appreciate. Baldock seems a very intelligent footballer and has excellent movement. I'd love to see him get some quality time down the middle with Hemed.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Another vote for Vincelot, think his versatility was his downfall really.
I remember he filled in at LB against Liverpool (I think!) in the cup and looked really comfortable there. His header against Cov was excellent as well. Seem to remember Gary Gardner scoring against us in that game too...

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Eh? EVERYBODY rated Mark Gall. He was absolute class.

Personally, Baldock is my shout amongst the current crop. I genuinely believe he could be a very decent player in the right formation. FAR more so than I ever believed CMS would ever turn out to be.

No no no no... Everybody around me use to talk about how lucky Gall was not how good he was.

Agree I rate Baldock. TBH I was massively underwhelmed by the signing at the beginning, but I rate him.

I liked Vincelot and Lee Steele.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Adam El-abd back in the day when everyone hissed and moaned whenever he was announced in the starting line-up.

When he played a one off defensive midfielder role, I was aware he was much more skilled than most of the team, who were a crock of shite. But still, it took a while for the rest of Withdean to notice his ability.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Of the current squad, I've always been a big fan of Stockdale, Stephens I think will be an absolute boss in the centre when back to full fitness, JFC I honestly cannot understand the vitriol that's levelled at him, I can only echo what other have said about Baldock, Bruno is still quality and (probably on my own here) Greer who I still think can make a very valuable contribution.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Trevor Benjamin had an amazing loan spell with us. Surprised he never came back and didn't exactly pull up trees in his career after that.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Craig Noone for me, yes he had the final cross accuracy of a shit throwing chimp at times, but his pace and awareness made up for it. Plus he was a genuinely lovely fella, a really positive infectious attitude, someone who could really pick a squad up after a bad game. No surprise that the Cardiff fans bloody adore him, I was absolutely gutted when he left.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here