• Gus

Votes: 20 11.0%
  • The club

Votes: 161 89.0%

• Total voters

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
How can anyone seriously vote on this?

We know nothing. We don't know the grounds on which Gus has been sacked, and we don't have the Club's side of the story as to when Gus was told.

I guess most will vote on what they want to be the case rather than on what they know to be the case.

This, but Nsc will always have a poll or vote regardless of facts.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
How can anyone seriously vote on this?

We know nothing. We don't know the grounds on which Gus has been sacked, and we don't have the Club's side of the story as to when Gus was told.

I guess most will vote on what they want to be the case rather than on what they know to be the case.

I'm not asking anyone to seriously vote. It's hunchtime.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
In all seriousness both parties need to move on sharpish from this, BHA need to get a new manager in place to start planning for next season and beyond, and Poyet is doing himself no favours in regards to new employers. What happened yesterday didn't look great from either side but I don't believe Poyet knew nothing until Chapman told him on air, just not feasible.

Have to agree with all of that. I have always been a fan of Gus and it's a shame it's come to this.

Whilst clear and precise, the timing of last nights club announcement could have been better. A couple of hours earlier and we wouldn't have had all this hoo-hah. However, the fact that he was appearing on TV with a major announcement pending could be considered ill-advised on Gus's part. If I was expecting the boot I'd be checking my fully charged phone quite regularly.
Also the BBC could take a good look at themselves and maybe ask if it was necessary to bring up the subject without knowing all the facts from both sides.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Club: "Gus and his advisers were told this morning"
When and where did they say that?! I must have missed it. As far as I'm aware, they said he was told "today". Which could have been any point in the day - possibly a minute before they released the statement.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
When and where did they say that?! I must have missed it. As far as I'm aware, they said he was told "today". Which could have been any point in the day - possibly a minute before they released the statement.

Yep my mistake, I guess that's just how I read it.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Statement said Gus was informed, now we have no idea how he actually was informed - but either way he was told according to the club.

What Gus has done is weed out the idiots in society, who are eating up every word he said last night without bothering to read the club statement.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I believe neither - they're both using spin for their own ends.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Statement said Gus was informed, now we have no idea how he actually was informed - but either way he was told according to the club.

What Gus has done is weed out the idiots in society, who are eating up every word he said last night without bothering to read the club statement.

And equally there's people willing to believe the club can do no wrong.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

When though? You can 'inform' someone without them being aware of it. They probably told his lawyers while he was out of contact in the TV studio. If he was told personally earlier in the day, why haven't the club released a statement confirming this?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I seem to remember Diego Poyet tweeting something about 'no more trips to the amex'...some time before the tv program....strangely, its vanished now...

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
When though? You can 'inform' someone without them being aware of it. They probably told his lawyers while he was out of contact in the TV studio. If he was told personally earlier in the day, why haven't the club released a statement confirming this?

Thats the other thing we dont know and the club need to clarify this to defend themselves. I highly doubt he was told a few minutes before the statement was posted online.

The clubs silence isnt really helping anything.

I seem to remember Diego Poyet tweeting something about 'no more trips to the amex'...some time before the tv program....strangely, its vanished now...

He certainly did tweet that, fairly sure it was posted at 7.45 too, so he must have been told by someone.....

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

Shortly after 8 (after the statement came out) I replied just after he posted it. Clearly he has deleted that message now so apart from my tweet I cannot prove his.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
In a situation like this the club lawyer tells Gus' lawyer - that is how it should be. Gus clearly said his lawyer had received an email so are we to believe Gus didn't ask what it was about? ( assuming the lawyer forgot to mention that when he told Gus it had arrived!). I mean seriously!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I believe I can flyyyyyyyyyyy
I believe I can touch the skyyyyyyyyyy
I THINK ABOUT IT EVERY NIIIIIIIGHT AND DAY
Unfold my wings and flyyyyyyyyyyyyya wayyyyyyyyyyyy

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports