Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who did the Albion play on your marriage day?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
none but my mum and step dad got married the day of the Orient away game 99/00 season

gutted as i had a ticket for that one...:(

niknokseagull

Give us a biscuit
Oct 8, 2003
London
Rather good result actually.

December 8th 2001.
Live on Sky with an early kick-off. Home to Rushden in the Cup. Cullip with the winner (I think).
Watched the game in the pub with all my nearest and dearest before heading off en masse round the corner to the church.

Couldn't have planned it better.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
9th August 1997..............1-0 defeat at Swansea:nono:

Saturday the 18th of Sept 2004 , well last year.

Lost 3-2 at home to QPR! Outside the church in between photos we were winning 2-1. By the time we got to the reception and I sneeked into the bar, we had lost 3-2!!

:shootself

Last edited:

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Will let you know when i get married! still no ball and chain yet

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
30th August 1969 Away to Bury and won 2-1 (I got married in Sussex)

14th August 1993 Away to Bradford and lost 2-0 (and it was only 10 miles away)

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
Alby said:
5th May 2001

Lost 3-0 at shrewsbury.

How the hell did you manage to get married on that great day of celebration? :) You were probably more sober at 3pm than most of the players, who had obviously been celebrating too much in the previous few days.

Alby

Jan 4, 2005
West Sussex
balloonboy said:
How the hell did you manage to get married on that great day of celebration? :) You were probably more sober at 3pm than most of the players, who had obviously been celebrating too much in the previous few days.

Extremely bad planning :dunce:

Brady's Old Lady

Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Oct 15th 1983 - Can't remember who it was but i t was Melia's last game in charge. I remeber coming back from honeymoon a week later and there were pictures all over the papers of Melia in the North Stand demonstrating against his dismissal. That game was against Sheff Wed then managed by Howard Wilkinson!

Emily's Mum

Jul 7, 2003
In the jungle, aka BFPO 11
21st September 1991, I think it was away at Tranmere & we lost. First time was on a Wednesday, and next time I'll be doing it during the close season. (It's alright Martin, I'm joking):lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here