Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who clobbered Goldson?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Opposition players can kick Goldson till they are blue in the face, he won't lose his composure (or his place in the starting line up). He has gone from 4th choice CB to 1st choice CB; what a brilliant achievement.

Abso****inglutely. Hats off to the scouting team for that one.

It will be forever Goldson plus 1

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I missed the incident...anyone see? Officials had no idea

View attachment 73061

Pretty sure it was Robson-Kanu, who committed a series of bad fouls in the second half. I seem to come away from Falmer with the same view, but that ref tonight made some bizarre decisions. Agree that Stephens made a great tackle when he got booked, although Stephens' 'tackling' last night was pretty shocking.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Kermorgant AND Hector went in on him. Not sure which actually put the boot in.

They're a funny old team, aren't they? Hector was signed by Chelsea last summer. I thought he was bang average last night and has been in every other game I've seen him play. He was really poor against Palace the other night too. What on earth are Chelsea doing going after somebody like him?

Kermorgant was dreadful. I genuinely had no idea he was playing until about 28 minutes in when I looked at the screen to see who that big cumbersome bloke up front was. And Robson-Kanu: what a moany, petulant lump he is. It's a terrible indictment of the state of Welsh football (and an incredible tribute to the ability of Gareth Bale) that someone like Robson-Kanu is a regular in the Wales side. He'll be at the Euros in the summer, ladies & gentlemen. Take that in for one second. There's hope for us all yet.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
They're a funny old team, aren't they? Hector was signed by Chelsea last summer. I thought he was bang average last night and has been in every other game I've seen him play. He was really poor against Palace the other night too. What on earth are Chelsea doing going after somebody like him?

Kermorgant was dreadful. I genuinely had no idea he was playing until about 28 minutes in when I looked at the screen to see who that big cumbersome bloke up front was. And Robson-Kanu: what a moany, petulant lump he is. It's a terrible indictment of the state of Welsh football (and an incredible tribute to the ability of Gareth Bale) that someone like Robson-Kanu is a regular in the Wales side. He'll be at the Euros in the summer, ladies & gentlemen. Take that in for one second. There's hope for us all yet.

Hector is a centre-back though. WTF McDermott is doing trying to play him in midfield, I've no idea.

Even at CB though he's nowhere near the level of Dunk or Goldson. Very odd Chelsea signing. He'll never play a competitive match for them, that's for sure.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Hector is a centre-back though. WTF McDermott is doing trying to play him in midfield, I've no idea.

Even at CB though he's nowhere near the level of Dunk or Goldson. Very odd Chelsea signing. He'll never play a competitive match for them, that's for sure.

Agreed. Utterly bizarre. A triumph of hype over reality.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
And Robson-Kanu: what a moany, petulant lump he is.

Wasn't he just? Sprinting at pace towards the referee to scream and shout about something like a big baby, including at least once seeming to tell the ref to f**k off right to his face. By then presumably he'd worked out that that wet blanket wouldn't do anything about it if RK gave a thumbs up whilst shagging the ref's mother on the pitch in front of him. #RIPfrank

You can put it up with a bit of attitude if it's at least borne out by some degree of ability. But that big LUMMOX was awful.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Chelsea also got in that fella on loan who's been there about two months and STILL isn't fit, so nothing surprises me with the recruitment there...

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
100%. The ref definitely hesitated before giving it as a foul, poor officiating tonight in the second half.

Compare the referee for the Wednesday game, who seemed to be giving out yellow cards for badly taken throw-ins and poorly adjusted shin pads, to today's referee. A game of rugby broke out during the last ten minutes over by the South stand touch line and he seemed reluctant to even give a free kick.

No consistancy in this league.

Last night's ref, card stats according to Soccerbase.

http://www.soccerbase.com/referees/referee.sd?referee_id=1162

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
In the second half the ref gave every tackle as a foul against us, and then let a few fouls go completely - he was dire second half. Thankfully nothing came of his ineptitude.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
In the second half the ref gave every tackle as a foul against us, and then let a few fouls go completely - he was dire second half. Thankfully nothing came of his ineptitude.

I agree. Never was the chant 'you don't know what you're doing', more apt.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Wasn't he just? Sprinting at pace towards the referee to scream and shout about something like a big baby, including at least once seeming to tell the ref to f**k off right to his face. By then presumably he'd worked out that that wet blanket wouldn't do anything about it if RK gave a thumbs up whilst shagging the ref's mother on the pitch in front of him. #RIPfrank

You can put it up with a bit of attitude if it's at least borne out by some degree of ability. But that big LUMMOX was awful.

You might appreciate this...

http://www.northstandchat.com/content.php?603-Albion-1-0-Reading-15-03-2016

‘HRK’ hasn’t always been massive – this is not a natural body shape – in the way, for example, Michail Antonio is MEANT to be huge. His body shape looks to be the result of a surfeit of ego driven gym work and trips to Nandos. In fact – in barely-interested demeanour, questionable physique and poor anger-management he reminded me very, very much of former Albion wage-thief Colin Kazim-Richards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here