Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who came out with this PEARL of Managerial WISDOM?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Was that the day of the pitch invasion? I was at Ardingly and we had Saturday school so I couldn't go, but a fellow Albion fan managed to bunk off Saturday afternoon activities and go and I seem to remember him telling me about it. Possibly a boring fact, though I found it interesting as I was there: the day after the Sheffield United match, the Albion came up to East Grinstead FC to play a friendly. Either the players had too good a night on the Saturday or they were tired, as EG dominated the match and won it, with Gary O'Reilly scoring quite a memorable own goal.

Did they have an advert on the County Ground covers? I remember the Alliance Building Society doing so, but can't remember if Sussex County did before them.

Twas the day of the pitch invasion. I travelled to the match on the bus and smelt the potential for bother amongst their well oiled fans.

The Argus report contained details of a flare that landed in the wooden West Stand. This was a fear spreading near miss narrative playing on the dreadful events at Bradford that day. I seem to remember a young Birmingham City fan died during trouble in a match against Leeds United that afternoon. 1985 was a rotten year for Football's troubles but served as a turning point for things to get better, albeit slowly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here