Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who ate all the pies? and burgers? and everything else?

Lewes Seagull

Jan 23, 2010
WSL ran out of all food before kick off. Was todays game a surprise? Did they not realise it was on? Sorry but not good enough.

ants4t

Jun 17, 2011
North stand ran out of all but the veggie pies before game, people were even braving the burgers.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Maybe it was a fatty club day out? Might explain why so many missed the start of the second half.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Maybe it was a fatty club day out? Might explain why so many missed the start of the second half.

The club must consider some sort of 3 minute bell or something before the start of the second half. It's all very well saying that supporters must time the second half themselves but evidentally they are not.

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
I saw some fat bloke in the wsu having a go and one of the younger female members of staff cos they had run out of pies. It was one of the saddest things ive ever seen. In the end the manager was called and had to explain the situation to him. It was ridiculous. Grow up fat man.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Fat fuckers shouldn't be given pies. Less chance of running out then. I tried my first today, a steak and ale pie. 8/10 nice filling but too much pastry for me.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Did more people arrive early to watch the liverpool arsenal game in the concourse, thus they had more pre-match customers than they expected?

I was hoping for a Chicken pie in WSU but they had run out, glad they had because the steak one was blooming awesome, apart from the herbs on top.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The club must consider some sort of 3 minute bell or something before the start of the second half. It's all very well saying that supporters must time the second half themselves but evidentally they are not.

Simple rule of thumb to tell when the second half is due to start: its when you're three from the front of the catering queue.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
i thought I would try a hot dog, but they had all gone in East stand pre-match. Went for pie again and for first time very disappointed. they were red hot and the pastry was hard. Must have sat over heated for a long while. Not isolated either, a friend had one at half time and was the same.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
WSL ran out of all food before kick off. Was todays game a surprise? Did they not realise it was on? Sorry but not good enough.

Are you absolutely sure they were completely out of food before kick-off, as that seems very unlikely, especially as there was still plenty in WSU at the end of the game. I'm quite sure the caterers are capable of bringing food down from the WSU if stocks are getting low.

Fresh supplies of hot-pies-in-a-handbag came out at half-time in the North Stand concourse. And, if you wanted a pint with your pie, the queue was avoidable by using the mobile Harveys bars, or the bottle of Fosters outlets.

They really have sorted things well.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'm quite sure the caterers are capable of bringing food down from the WSU if stocks are getting low.

And I'm equally sure they don't think in that joined-up kind of way. They just seem constantly under siege. Basically they can't cope with the demand.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
it's not even a natural meal time.........food at that time should be a BONUS SNACK, not a given RIGHT

Don't know about you, but "meal times" go completely out of the window when beer is involved, and is further thrown into mayhem by the smell of food. This situation combines the two.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here