Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who are the winners of the Caicedo deal?

Who are the winners of the Caicedo deal?

• Total voters

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Caicedo also has a terrible memory it would appear, having told Pochettino that Brighton also lost to Middlesbrough last season!!

He probably just confused them with Charlton. Lower league, play in red. They're all the same, really.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Is it us?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Maybe his mum was stood in front of the scoreboard at Middlesbrough so he thought we lost

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Well he hasn’t been terrible for Chelsea and kept his place in the starting 11, but he’s not been particularly great either. And for £115 million you expect a player to be stand-out good.

30m got us Pedro, and I don’t think I’d take a swap, even if Caicedo was performing at last year’s levels.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Flourishing? If that was anywhere in his, or his rep’s, thinking-universe he’d be off-the-scale-good under RDZ.
Yes, we all know he was good under RDZ - the evidence is incontrovertible. That's why clubs were prepared to break the bank to buy him. He wanted to move to a bigger club though - he chose Chelsea, where I suppose you could say he was jogging along OK, but not £115M worth, whereas at Liverpool, alongside Alex Mac and the Polish guy I can't spell, he would have, in the opinion of many, have flourished.
Still, his mum wanted to live in London, and his agent wanted to live in luxury, so ..................................

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes, we all know he was good under RDZ - the evidence is incontrovertible. That's why clubs were prepared to break the bank to buy him. He wanted to move to a bigger club though - he chose Chelsea, where I suppose you could say he was jogging along OK, but not £115M worth, whereas at Liverpool, alongside Alex Mac and the Polish guy I can't spell, he would have, in the opinion of many, have flourished.
Still, his mum wanted to live in London, and his agent wanted to live in luxury, so ..................................
It is perhaps noteworthy that lots of players who had been ordinarily OK, fair to middling, suddenly look like world-beaters under our manager. Perhaps our greatest concern is the possibility of one of the underperforming nob clubs coming in for him in the summer. The stand out in that regard is ManUre.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It is perhaps noteworthy that lots of players who had been ordinarily OK, fair to middling, suddenly look like world-beaters under our manager. Perhaps our greatest concern is the possibility of one of the underperforming nob clubs coming in for him in the summer. The stand out in that regard is ManUre.
Coming in for who?

Edit: I've just re-read your post and realised you were referring to RDZ. :facepalm:

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
De Zerbi will have every club in world football to choose from, over the next 18 months.
Choosing Utd seems incredibly unlikely.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
He'll come good as he's a good player but we really can't lose sight of how well trained out squad is. And how the system is unique and tight.

Think about Wellbeck playing for Sheffield United or Igor Playing for Luton. They'd be miles off it and plugging away.

We have a set system, stick to it and buy the parts that suit.

I always consider the 'feeling factor' when players leave. Felt nothing when Trossard and Caicedo went and had A "NO YOURE CRYING" meltdown when Mac left. There are big reasons for that that aren't just nostalgia.

We won because we kept our identity, dignity and a ton of wedge and (whisper it quietly) Are almost exactly where we were last season + Europe.

Meanwhile, whether he ever gets to be as good as he could be is simply someone else's problem.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Yes, even Man U might eventually twig that our manager is worth more than any player

Astrid is the winner, natch

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here