Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who are Crawley's rivals?

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Crawley are stuck dead between Palace and Brighton fans catchment areas, so perhaps the club's supporters consider themselves within that equation? It is the 'M23 derby' after all.

But I'd imagine the majority of people in Crawley just support Chelsea, Tottenham or Arsenal anyway. So the answer would probably be 'whoevers closest that we can play against', now AFC Wimbledon are in league one they might turn their attention to LO or Pompey

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Crawley are stuck dead between Palace and Brighton fans catchment areas, so perhaps the club's supporters consider themselves within that equation? It is the 'M23 derby' after all.

But I'd imagine the majority of people in Crawley just support Chelsea, Tottenham or Arsenal anyway. So the answer would probably be 'whoevers closest that we can play against', now AFC Wimbledon are in league one they might turn their attention to LO or Pompey

Been to crawley v pompey and can report no rivalry! As a non league side Crawley turned out for Northampton in the fa cup!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Who are Crawley?

synavm

May 2, 2013
AFC Wimbledon I believe. Not entirely sure what that's born out of, probably the fact they both gained promotion from the Conference together, but they're the only team I've heard of that have any sort of rivalry with Crawley. Maybe Orient too, but it'd be a stretch to call them rivals.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I'm an Albion fan from Crawley have been since my first game at the age of 5.
Can't stand Crawley and I'll be honest I don't know any Crawley fans either.
I did go to a Crawley v Aldershot game and they don't particularly like each other and there were lots of police keeping them apart.
Maybe it's them :shrug:

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
I did go to a Crawley v Aldershot game and they don't particularly like each other and there were lots of police keeping them apart.

No rivalry from us ,just 2 Yoof firms that liked a dance or two.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
You should support your local team then and not a big club! :)

Just joking. However I will say that IF things had worked out just slightly differently, i.e. if Crawley's rise up the leagues had coincided with our in stint in Gillingham (or even us losing at Hereford), then their rivals could have been us and Sussex's league support could have been irrevocably split between two clubs.

I know that's one of those hypothetical "what if?" statements, that no one can prove or deny, but it's worth bearing in mind and makes our current position all the better.

Red Side Of Sussex

Jul 25, 2009

Really,your from Crawley and don't know any Crawley fans??I take it you don't get out much then.

Got to ask,why can't you stand your hometown club?Seems strange to me.
As for the support for Brighton in the town I'd say your well down the pecking order after most of the London clubs.I know a few Brighton fans,one of whom is pretty keen to be fair, but in general they are few and far between,could all change mind when your playing in the premier league next season but very much doubt it.

For the record the non-league rivalry was always Dover.We had bits and pieces with Aldershot and Afc Wimbledon but as I say it was Dover back in the DML days.
As a side note.
The general feeling with the people I know in the town towards Brighton is ok.Put it this way last nights conversation in the pub was about you going top and pretty much everyone hoping you don't blow it again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here