Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who are Brighton's biggest rivals?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
People could take the piss with a survey, but we all know the real answer.

theboybilly

I get the Palace rivalry but I can't ever see them as our main rivals. For me our main rivals are the one closest to where we are at the time. A 40 mile rivalry over a Cup match 50 years ago. No South London club sees them as real rivals, why should we? I detest them, they are a horrible cheating club with the most needy fanbase. But our main rivals? Not for me.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
[QUOTE THe Goldstone Orient game though……..😡[/QUOTE]

The one SODDING home game all season I missed was this one......for a theatre trip with then-girlfriend to London. :(

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We did but Orient were our biggest rivals at the time, imo you need to be playing a team regularly to consider them your main rivals :shrug:

We also had a brief flirtation with Cardiff, Reading and Saints as our biggest rivals imo

And Cheaterfraud.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I get the Palace rivalry but I can't ever see them as our main rivals. For me our main rivals are the one closest to where we are at the time. A 40 mile rivalry over a Cup match 50 years ago. No South London club sees them as real rivals, why should we? I detest them, they are a horrible cheating club with the most needy fanbase. But our main rivals? Not for me.

Precisely. There is a massive difference between a club one may dislike, and a rival. I dislike ManU and Chelsea a great deal, moreso than Palace, rather like I dislike vomiting and torrential diarrhoea more than I dislike nausea. But none are necessarily rivals.

So, yes, it is the clubs around us in the league that we want to overtake or keep above that are our rivals.

This sounds like the sort of badly-worded polytechnic survey that generates ambiguous results and an unpublishable data set.

Boo. BOO!

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012

Then who is our main rival then , if it’s not Palace

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
Types of rivals.

County= Crawley
Geography/Costal= Portsmouth
Geography/Costal+County=Bognor
Geography+County+local=Lewis
Fans with poor hygene=Portsmouth
Fans with average IQ lower than 90=Millwall
Teams that cheat=Chesterfield+ Leeds
Referees that cheat= Ron Chalice
Ron Chalice+ LowIQ fans+ Poor Hygene= Palace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here