Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who are Brighton's biggest rivals?

KnowRivalryJR

Aug 8, 2022
Hi, Brighton fans!

Loughborough University is collaborating with UMass on the Know Rivalry project, an international study on sports rivalry.

Although we have some suspicions on who might take the top spot for you... it would be fantastic if you could take 5 - 10 minutes to fill out the survey and give us your thoughts on who is your club's biggest rivals: https://umassamherst.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3FdJ8eN2EgFCfCB?collID=10&grpID=1336

Previous results in the US have been featured in numerous sports media outlets, including the Wall Street Journal and New York Times. You can view those results, links to media coverage, and learn more about us at our KnowRivalry.com website

Some of you might remember our post last year and we have improved the survey content with the help of your constructive criticism!

Please share this with any fans that may also want to help!

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Crystal Palace. Always them.

There is geographically Portsmouth, who are known as tw@ts. Plucky little Bournemouth are an irritant, but less so since smug Eddie Howe left them. Southampton are surprisingly tolerable.

The hatred of Chelsea could turn very bitter if Judas Graham Potter leads them to the Premier League, Champions League, FA Cup and EFL Cup this season. :eek:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Used to be Orient, Palace Lite

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
You must have given our days in the bottom two divisions between The Goldstone and Withdean a swerve I guess? :lolol:

Orient were just a fling while our rivalry with Palace was on a break (mainly cause we were so shit), we still hated Palace more back then tho.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Orient were just a fling while our rivalry with Palace was on a break (mainly cause we were so shit), we still hated Palace more back then tho.

We did but Orient were our biggest rivals at the time, imo you need to be playing a team regularly to consider them your main rivals :shrug:

We also had a brief flirtation with Cardiff, Reading and Saints as our biggest rivals imo

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Well, obviously it's a local team. It's quite nawty when we play Crawley Town in pre-season friendlies. I've heard booing. But Horsham are their REAL rivals.

Whitehawk is the main ding dong, although since moving to Falmer we get GIP from Lewes.

NOTHING can rival Newhaven & Peacehaven though. Paper darts, bottle tops, the lot. [MENTION=28056]bn9 bha[/MENTION] is head of the Dockers Massive

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Rival:
noun: rival; plural noun: rivals
a person or thing competing with another for the same objective or for superiority in the same field of activity.

Sorry but I don't consider that shower of shit up the road, our Rival. They're so far below us in quality, from players, fans, owners to ground, I can't think of them in that way.

But if the question was, which team do you dislike the most. Its them. :thumbsup:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Well, obviously it's a local team. It's quite nawty when we play Crawley Town in pre-season friendlies. I've heard booing. But Horsham are their REAL rivals.

Whitehawk is the main ding dong, although since moving to Falmer we get GIP from Lewes.

NOTHING can rival Newhaven & Peacehaven though. Paper darts, bottle tops, the lot. [MENTION=28056]bn9 bha[/MENTION] is head of the Dockers Massive

Up the Dockers.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
You must have given our days in the bottom two divisions between The Goldstone and Withdean a swerve I guess? :lolol:

Those games were a bit lively, never a rivalry.

That’s reserved for Palace & Pompey only.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here