Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who annoyed you most today

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Pawson is a weak referee. He has already shown that in the PL. However, he is not the first ref to run scared of Barton but I really don't know why there are a few refs who just bottle it with him.

Sidwell continues to disappoint and still fails to live up to his words to the press when he joined. That's why I never like loanees.

Is Wilson lazy, slow or just here for the money? Perhaps a combination of all three but like fellow loanee Sidwell he hasn't lived up to his billing

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Houghton
With 20 odd mins remaining we looked so comfortable and Burnley offered nothing and then he got the midfield to sit back and then the usual substitutes.This basically was the golden ticket handed to Burnley on a plate and they had plenty of time to get the goal.
The next annoyance was dunks pointless,pathetic challenge on Barton that led to the goal... I even shouted at the TV wondering what the fack goes through his head at times.

What absolute garbage. Were you at the game?

We had two forced substitutes with Bruno and Baldock. Hemed came off at 85 minutes having run his legs off? Wilson was already on for Baldock so there was no forward to put on in his place. By that time, Burnley had made there subs and it was clear their only intention was to pump balls into the box. If Dunk and Goldson couldn't get their heads to the ball first, why do people think Greer would have done better, a player who hasn't seen any action for some time. With 5 minutes to go, Sidwell was probably the right decision, it's just that the player didn't live up to expectations.

Had Bruno not needed to come off then surely it would have been Bong for Knockaert with Rosenior pushing up on the right midfield.

We dropped points because of a weak referee and the fact that we didn't score 3, the latter possibly being the responsibility of Murphy!!!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I was also a little frustrated by our constant attempts to cross the ball through Burnley defenders, rather than either side of them so that the ball may actually make it to one of our players. One moment in particular stood out where I think Murphy got into the box looked up and his options were: 1) across the edge of the six yard box where we had players waiting, or 2) hook it back toward the penalty spot/edge of the area where it would have to go through a Burnley defender, and should it magically do that there were no waiting Brighton players. He went with option 2 and hit it straight at the Burnley defender in the garish yellow shirt.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Houghton
With 20 odd mins remaining we looked so comfortable and Burnley offered nothing and then he got the midfield to sit back and then the usual substitutes.This basically was the golden ticket handed to Burnley on a plate and they had plenty of time to get the goal.
The next annoyance was dunks pointless,pathetic challenge on Barton that led to the goal... I even shouted at the TV wondering what the fack goes through his head at times.
What absolute garbage. Were you at the game?

We had two forced substitutes with Bruno and Baldock. Hemed came off at 85 minutes having run his legs off? Wilson was already on for Baldock so there was no forward to put on in his place. By that time, Burnley had made there subs and it was clear their only intention was to pump balls into the box. If Dunk and Goldson couldn't get their heads to the ball first, why do people think Greer would have done better, a player who hasn't seen any action for some time. With 5 minutes to go, Sidwell was probably the right decision, it's just that the player didn't live up to expectations.

Had Bruno not needed to come off then surely it would have been Bong for Knockaert with Rosenior pushing up on the right midfield.

We dropped points because of a weak referee and the fact that we didn't score 3, the latter possibly being the responsibility of Murphy!!!

It would appear not.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I was annoyed at Lewis Dunk for falling for Barton's usual tricks. Everyone knows what he's going to do......and they still fall for it and lose concentration.

The foul on Barton from Dunk didn't need to happen. The fact he gave barton a little kick after showed he was more focused on a personal vendetta than the bigger picture.

It's all very Sunday league.

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
Where to start :

The whole team - for not seeing out a game from a winning position.
Pawson - for weak refereeing - on Barton mainly but could also see Stockdale being pushed by Ward at every corner and did nothing.
Wilson - for not closing down or looking interested
Sidwell - for coming on the pitch at all.
Me - for arriving early, having high expectations and driving all the way back home feeling like we'd lost. Another weekend ruined.

Football is my life, it dictates my mood and I can't help it ... until the next match !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here