Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who and why is missing the game tomorrow because of Sky?

Saturn

Vicarious
Feb 11, 2016
I have neither Sky nor tickets to the game but I'm hopeful of watching thanks to the magic of the internet.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm poorly, so will watch on tv instead :(

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Opposite is looking like it will be true for me, I might get to see the game just because it is on Sky. Suffering from man-flu today, called in sick to work and right now can't even contemplate the thought of going tonight. A decision made slightly easier because it is on the tellybox.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
For probably the first time ever I considered not going this evening as I am getting pissed off with the hassle for an evening game but come 5pm I shall probably decide to go I would think.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not missing it, but it does mean I will be letting down my 5-a-side team-mates, and also it costs me (yet another) half day's holiday from work.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I have Sky and there is no way i would miss any Albion game holding a season ticket.
Even if I didnt hold a season ticket i would still be trying to get a ticket.
We have, unfortunately a small minority of awful plastic fans at Brighton Im not talking about workers etc just people who cant be ****ed who would happily stay at home for every match if it was on telly.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
I'll be there tonight in the NW corner, first "home game" for a while but got to take advantage of the 3 weeks holiday I have from work

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
For me it's actually easier to get to evening games, as I work on the University of Sussex campus. However, I'd probably rather it was on a Saturday as I'm very tired today and would quite like to get an early evening.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I've had a load of inconvenience and will leave London early, stay overnight in Sussex and go to work from tomorrow minus proper nights sleep. Going to cost me extra but fed up missing games because of Sky so pulled out all stops to be at this one. Last time had my deodorant taken away by stewards so haven't packed. Will just smell tomorrow instead...for the love of the Albion...

On the plus side I get to take train down with East London Seagull and have a right natter!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Was sorely tempted, Son trains at Academy tonight, doesn't finish until 6.30, I've got to get from London and meet up with the Mrs who has ours Sons with her, then get across to The Amex, watch the match and the boys have school tomorrow. However, it is Dirty Leeds at home, so we'll do it ..... somehow!

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
I'm missing it. For a gig, to watch a band who rarely come over from Berlin. This happened a month ago, too. I'm kind of resigned to it for now, but the longer it goes on, I don't know how I'll feel about it.

The other side of the coin is having more free Saturday afternoons. I went to a bit of non-league on Saturday (Dulwich Hamlet - we live in London) with the missus and really enjoyed it, beer and all.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Wife and three kids missing the game. My attendance relies on getting away from work early

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Spillage at Gatwick and subsequent delays means my wife's flight now arrives at 1920 instead of 1700, so I'm fecked. Won't even make the first half on Nowtv which you can't record on, double fecked....

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
For probably the first time ever I considered not going this evening as I am getting pissed off with the hassle for an evening game but come 5pm I shall probably decide to go I would think.

Genuine question BG what is the nub of the hassle from your perspective for evening KO?

For me it's living in London and having to be slightly responsible at work which means I can't always guarantee getting away in time to make KO, then not getting home until well gone midnight after followed by a 6am alarm the next morning.

I know we all make our choice to keep coming but sometimes it really does grate of an evening doesn't it?

Fingers crossed for a brilliant performance and a match worth watching.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The good news is that all these season ticket holders who can't go will still be counted as being there in the offical attendance :p

Ahead of you there, my ticket is still being used. Proud to say that there has been a bum on my seat for every league game since the Amex opened :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here