Attachments

• Skrill 42.jpg
    Skrill 42.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 361

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Dover scored an injury time pen to beat Hayes 2-1, Whitehawk were relegated until that 93rd minute pen!!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Great game today for the neutral. One of the best I have seen this season; will definitely be back next year.

It's a great league, very competitive, you generally see a decent game.

Not sure a last minute pen has caused so many other connotations. Prior to that pen, Havant&Waterlooville were in the play-offs, Whitehawk relegated. Pen goes in 93rd minute, Hayes are then relegated, Whitehawk survive, Dover jump H&W to 5th on goal difference - incredible drama.

Enjoyable day out there with my son, I know the ground gets a bad rap but it's not that bad, parking is straightforward and they have a decent bar. It turned into an entertaining afternoon for the 350 there, Jake Robinson was very bright early on, got a pen, and they went 2-1 up just before half-time before disaster struck and the ex Albion youth keeper Winterton got caught in possession for them to go 3-2 down.

Most of the second half they looked a relegated team but then again most of the second half my phone said Doncaster were winning.

They got it back to 3-3 with 10 minutes to go but that still seemed to be sending them down and then about 3 minutes to go, something weird happened - Whitehawk stopped trying to score and took attacking free kicks into the corner. All the social media showed Hayes & Yeading still drawing and Whitehawk hence down, but credit to Steve King, he must have had a spy at the game and heard that Hayes had conceded a pen - and got the message out to his team.

About 5 minutes after the 3-3 result, the Hayes defeat came through and the players gathered in the middle of the pitch erupted in celebration to let the crowd know.

Credit to King, who has pulled off another miracle.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Tsk it is a simple walk from Brighton Station ! - at least for those that inhabit the world of public enquiries and planning.

Indeed....was the theory ever tested,i have walked from Hollingdean to the Marina a few times up Bear road...when i was young to go all night fishing,funny thing is i needed all night to get the energy to walk back again..

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Indeed....was the theory ever tested,i have walked from Hollingdean to the Marina a few times up Bear road...when i was young to go all night fishing,funny thing is i needed all night to get the energy to walk back again..

It was. Tim Carder and a group including my other half did it. It took over 45 minutes which was longer than the NIMBYs said it would take.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
It was. Tim Carder and a group including my other half did it. It took over 45 minutes which was longer than the NIMBYs said it would take.

45 minutes? crazy i bet that would be more with say the kids and perhaps a elderly member in the group as well..these theories only ever seem to cater for a narrow set of circumstance..

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
I don't get the anti Whitehawk sentiment. I want them to do well. They're no threat to the Albion

Imagine if you had to compete with a dozen's worth of clubs to compete with in the same county like Palace do? This place would go into meltdown.

I don't understand the resentment to local sides either, I bet a fair few on here live closer to Whitehawk than to The Withdean/Falmer.

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
All Whitehawk have to do now is level the pitch which must drop 10 foot from one side to the other, plus the ground is still not up to Conference South standard.
Also they need a carpark and not a slurry pit which it resembles on rainy days

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here