Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whitehawk WEM-BER-LEY bandwagon.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Hawks team on Saturday - spot any names you remember

Hawks team: Lloyd Anderson; Dan Taylor, Stewart Holmes, Justin Harris, Darragh Ryan; Scott Kirkwood, Richard Carpenter, Danny Davis; Wes Tate, Darren Freeman, Josh Jones

Darragh Ryan is Gerry's son I believe and Justin Harris grew up around Uckfield way (my former stomping ground). If it's the same one, he used to drive about in a Renault 5 GT Turbo, was a petty criminal and has spent some time inside...

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Stewart Holmes used to play for Burgess Hill Town I believe, and at a Sussex Senior Cup Final they were in was surprised when I asked for his autograph for my then g/f, who didn't really grasp that it wasn't Wembley :blush:

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
First leg of the FA Vase semi-final against Wroxham is on Sunday 28th. March at 1.00pm. at East Brighton Park

Second leg at Wroxham on Saturday 3rd. April at 3.00pm.

Should be crackers :thumbsup:

Billy Mays

Aug 14, 2008
Fruit Cove
Gresley Rovers have a mascot called Elvis Gresley. Which is rather marvellous.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
They were 250-1 with some bookies at the start... apparently a few people have a LOT of money on Whitehawk winning it, thus the signing of Carpenter...

Heard this rumour too! Also heard they are paying £1000 a game!! :eek:

Justin Harris grew up around Uckfield way (my former stomping ground). If it's the same one, he used to drive about in a Renault 5 GT Turbo, was a petty criminal and has spent some time inside...

The very same. Was at Crowborough for a couple of seasons but jumped ship with the rest of them when the money dried up (can't blame him for that). He went to Arundle at the time and someone told me that was where he was living now? Cracking player, although guaranteed at least a booking every game!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I wonder if they will be paying Richard Carpenter ONE THOUSAND POUNDS to turn out in this game...

im pretty certain the rest of the team will be hoping so - they are on a TWO THOUSANDS POUNDS win bonus for collecting the county league title after all, so f*** knows how much is on offer for the vase

rur cup is out of the window though after thursdays shock defeat to wick

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Had a chat to the captain at work today. He said the other mob just signed Trevor Benjiman on loan.

And apparently Carpenter and Ryan were only brought in to cover suspensions of key players in the QF's and played the one game.

Fingers crossed for them, as I'd go to Wem-ber-ley to sing "sussex by the sea"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here