Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whitehawk v Gosport

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
You are clueless then. Conference south isnt a noddy county league level. Bognor hit 350+ today in the league below, lewes generally do too. Maidstone oftern get 1000 through the gates so fo dulwitch. All in the league below whitehawk. A conference south team going well in the league and have asperations much greater than the conference south that is a terrible attendence.

So you are talking shite. Sorry.

East Grinstead used to get 200 or so in the Sussex County League at the start of the 1990s, hardly a boom time for football. So yes, very poor. I would have thought a few Albion fans would go along to see them when we're away.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
East Grinstead used to get 200 or so in the Sussex County League at the start of the 1990s, hardly a boom time for football. So yes, very poor. I would have thought a few Albion fans would go along to see them when we're away.
Maidstone United are in a league below and get circa 2k.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
It's a town of 120,000 people.

Which is half the population of Brighton and Hove isn't it? It would be great to see Whitehawk progress further but more punters will need to make a show.

Last edited:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Went to watch Lewes v Tonbridge Angels on Saturday, 0-0 draw and not a brilliant match, attendance 549 not a bad crowd for Ryman league.

10/10 for the bar at Lewes FC , the Harveys Best and Old were worth the visit.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Gosport could easily be twinned with Whitehawk.

Both have a marina, are adjacent to a city with a League club and are rough as ****!

PG

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
Whitehawk are punching well above their weight. Portable stands from Withdean and ridiculous wages paid by individual benefactors disguise the fact that Whitehawk will always be a County League club at heart.
It is too far out of the way for anybody who doesn't drive to travel to.It is on a slope that to be frank was just about allowable in the county league and should certainly not be allowed in Conference South (I wonder how they got around that?).
Whitehawk FC has lost its identity. It was created for the people of Whitehawk and their children to enjoy their football as a community.
Players were generally drawn from the Whitehawk area and there were four mens teams so that all levels were catered for.There were two Ladies teams and countless youth teams that felt like they were part of the club.
I doubt that there are many Whitehawk people involved at any level of the club these days. Including supporters.
Whitehawk is an estate. Not a town.It will never attract enough support to sustain the wage bill. So when the benefactors who currently run the show get fed up with throwing their money into a black hole get bored,there will be no club.
Unless there is something more sinister going on.
Like the eventual buying of the ground to build housing on. It is a prime piece of land after all. An extension of Roedean.
To be higher in the pecking order that Worthing,Lewes,Bognor,Eastbourne and Burgess Hill.......all large towns. Is not the natural order for Whitehawk and it can only end in tears.
I sincerely hope that I am wrong.

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
****ing Hawks are playing well...

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Given they're only 2 league below where Albion have been in recent decades it's a mystery the crowds are so low. What's wrong with you people!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here