Whitehawk v Albion - Latest?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
As i said last night on the Oscar thread.
" Quote Originally Posted by Soulman View Post
"There are some good youngsters at Brighton, and excellent coaches for them now. Now that Oscar has met these youngsters (they never met Gus) i think the youngsters feel they are really now part of the club. As from this season they will play (u16's) anyway, on the pitch in Falmer Uni.
I believe that Oscar wants the passing football but to get the ball forward quicker this season.
I am looking forward to see the result. "

Must have imagined seeing Gus at lancing every ds game I saw him at then, including the day Gus signed for us.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
All the 'injured' players were there in the ground watching today EXCEPT Bridcutt.

Did you walk right around the ground to see everyone there?

Aren't we supposed to accept a bid before selling a player? When that happens, I'll start to think about him leaving.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
My apologies, it didn't read that way at first.

It's ok. I know that Gus never met the youngsters (u16 and 15's) which is why the boys were chuffed when Oscar turned up the other day and talked to them and seemed very interested in their development. He also took time to speak to their coaches as well, which seeing as their coach is Spanish, happened to be in....you guessed it....Spanish.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
As Not Andy Naylor has pointed out, the left back he was up against was a vast immobile Adebayo Akinfenwa lookalike who most wingers would fancy running past, needs much tougher tests. But March along with JFC does seem the most exciting of our youth players

Wow when did you come back?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We looked a lot better than them. Can't tell you much more than that - I'm not a great reader of the game.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
With the 4-3-3 formation employed today, it looks a bit more fluid than the GP system, with the two wide front men pushing right up, and a fair few nice long diagonal balls picking them out in advanced positions, where they tried to feed the out and out number nine. The oppo was limited to be fair, and against better we wouldn't get so many opportunities to put them in, but pressuring up against their back four was pleasing, as we seemed not to overly press in this area under GP. If Bridcutt stays and gets the CM berth, he will have to adjust from the spoiling role he had before, and be a bit more penetrative up the middle. A bit like the role Dicker used to play in League One, spraying it forward to pick out runners. We might know more come the Villarreal and Norwich games :)

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
So hard to judge , have seen us have awful pre seasons followed by brilliant seasons and also brilliant pre seasons followed by crap seasons.

Players that look world beaters in pre season often do nothing and visa versa ie McCleod

Garcia probably learnt a bit more and match fitness will benefit. Above that , cant read anything into it.

Good to be back talking about a game

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports