Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whitehawk sack Darren Freeman

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I used to play for Whitehawk in the same team as Ross Standen. He was my best mate at school.

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
Sorry, but there is nothing about their facilities, their support, their team that in anyway points toward them being a Conference South side.

The ground is pretty much the worst in the league. Their attendances are easily the lowest, and having seen them a few times already this season, they simply aren't good enough at this level.

Great they've had a moment in the limelight as it were, and they've done pretty well to be fair, and don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed the games I've seen over there and actually like the place, but they are probably 2 leagues above where they should actually be. Massive achievement to have got this far, but punching far above their weight.

Great post and can't disagree with anything you've said...until the last paragraph.

Look at some of the players they've got - Robinson, Fraser, Mills, El-Abd, Maher - I don't think they are necessarily punching above their weight. They certainly pay more in wages than (at least) some teams in the division (and Brewster must be getting a few quid), but they just haven't performed as a team this season.

I think it's a brave decision to remove him, but the right one. He took them up from the Sussex County League and now they're two divisions below the Football League - he's done brilliantly but it seems he's a little out of his depth now.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
What's happened to Freemans HAIR? He used to look like he was on tour with Bon Jovi...now he looks like Ross Kemp.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Sorry, but there is nothing about their facilities, their support, their team that in anyway points toward them being a Conference South side.

The ground is pretty much the worst in the league. Their attendances are easily the lowest, and having seen them a few times already this season, they simply aren't good enough at this level.

Great they've had a moment in the limelight as it were, and they've done pretty well to be fair, and don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed the games I've seen over there and actually like the place, but they are probably 2 leagues above where they should actually be. Massive achievement to have got this far, but punching far above their weight.

Got no fans !!

Got no ground !!

What a shit hole !!

patcham seagulls

Jul 9, 2003
patcham
I'm led to believe that despite whitehawk and Darren Freeman's recent success, over the past 4/5 seasons. This has been achieved at considerable personal expense to the owners.

This season despite some cutbacks, their playing budget is still considerably bigger than many sides currently better placed in the same division.

Of course there are people who could immediately improve things and stabilise the club, however regrettably getting contact with people of influence at WFC is near impossible.

Some fans have expressed the opinion that WFC has no relevance to bhafc, I disagree. A strong local football presence is essential to achieve success, it ensures best practice across the region, and hopefully raises standards.

I sincerely hope whitehawk retain conference south status, whoever gets appointed to replace Freeman.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
This season despite some cutbacks, their playing budget is still considerably bigger than many sides currently better placed in the same division.

Of course there are people who could immediately improve things and stabilise the club, however regrettably getting contact with people of influence at WFC is near impossible.

Some fans have expressed the opinion that WFC has no relevance to bhafc, I disagree. A strong local football presence is essential to achieve success, it ensures best practice across the region, and hopefully raises standards.
I think you are incorrect on all counts.

Their budget is one of, if not the smallest in the league. Its a myth that all players are on big money.

Any club that struggle to attract a 100 fans at any senior level is doomed to fail. Whitehawks gates have risen slightly as away support rises.

I don't think WFC has any relevance to bhafc. They don't have any presense in Sussex football. The albion probably has more local boys that Whitehawk.

The Albion and their new training centre will raise standards. WFC will have no influence of Sussex football at all. Less than 100 regulars watch them. No one cares. The higher they have risen through the leagues, the less anyone seems to care!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here