Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whitehawk on the verge of the playoffs

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
So on Saturday, Whitehawk need a draw to ensure they're in the play-offs, playing Hemel Hempstead who are the team trying to overtake them and steal the last play-off place.

Weatherman

Jun 10, 2008
Cannot stand their fans, they're only fans because they want to be seen as 'different' from the rest of us. Their condescending manner of being 'real football' fans is unbelievable, they've only turned up as it's the latest hipster fashion trend to be a part of a non-league 'ultras' set up.

Have you actually been there ? They have a hugely diverse fan base from all walks of life. Left wing student anti this anti that to parents with their young children to OAP's to local thirty fortyish lads. A real mix and although i usually watch Burgess Hill i've allways enjoyed visits there. Yes these are real fans who don't think the football world ends at the bottom of the Championship.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Cannot stand their fans, they're only fans because they want to be seen as 'different' from the rest of us. Their condescending manner of being 'real football' fans is unbelievable, they've only turned up as it's the latest hipster fashion trend to be a part of a non-league 'ultras' set up.

Complete rubbish.

Have you actually been there ? They have a hugely diverse fan base from all walks of life. Left wing student anti this anti that to parents with their young children to OAP's to local thirty fortyish lads. A real mix and although i usually watch Burgess Hill i've allways enjoyed visits there. Yes these are real fans who don't think the football world ends at the bottom of the Championship.

Spot on.
Funny how some people think that the 'Whitehawk Ultras' are the only people that watch the team.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Spot on.
Funny how some people think that the 'Whitehawk Ultras' are the only people that watch the team.

To be honest, it shouldn't be too hard to work out the demographic from the 200 or so regulars, would have thought they're all on first name terms.

Unbelievable recovery from Whitehawk, I saw them on 20 Feb for a 1-1 with Havant and at that point they looked relegation candidates. However 20 points from the last 10 games has seen a remarkable turnaround after they got just 5 pts from 10 games Xmas to March. Funny old league south this season, likely to have the lowest points for a play off place and the highest points required for survival since the league has been in its present form.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
A few times when I've had the chance but followed them on facebook and saw nothing but shit on their posts. #twoteamsinBrigthon.

Real fans? They've been there through thick and thin, have they? They only turned up when there had been substantial amount of money pumped into the club and the rise of non-league ultras, much like these chaps http://www.theguardian.com/football...ras-anti-fascist-essex-senior-league-football I follow a few non-league teams and have seen a rise in these 'ultras'. Who often take this position of moral superiority because they support non-league football.
Complete rubbish.

Spot on.

No, they appear to make up 95% of the attendance though.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
To be honest, it shouldn't be too hard to work out the demographic from the 200 or so regulars, would have thought they're all on first name terms.

Unbelievable recovery from Whitehawk, I saw them on 20 Feb for a 1-1 with Havant and at that point they looked relegation candidates. However 20 points from the last 10 games has seen a remarkable turnaround after they got just 5 pts from 10 games Xmas to March. Funny old league south this season, likely to have the lowest points for a play off place and the highest points required for survival since the league has been in its present form.

If Whitehawk do make the playoffs I can't see them beating Ebbsfleet.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
No, they appear to make up 95% of the attendance though.

Appear but not correct.
The Ultras are usually the only fans photographed. At home matches fans also watch from the area outside the clubhouse/bar, the main stand and behind the goal in the blocks next to the Ultras.

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
Whitehawk 2-0 up at HT at Hemel Hempstead. The dream of a double promotion is still on.

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
plus, dozens of Albion fans when the fixtures don't clash, the make up fans is no different to those found at any football match.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here